Ch.1 Ushijima Wakatoshi

■Y/N's POV■

I look out at the window from my apartment. It's lonesome, how my apartment seems bigger. There were two people living here before. We used to live here together, me and Tooru.

I took the photo at my bedside, Tooru is hugging me from behind, smiling widely. Tears roll down my cheeks as I still couldn't accept that Tooru is no longer here.

A week ago, I got a call. They said Tooru caught in an accident and couldn't make it. I was broken the moment I heard the news. He and I were supposed to marry next year, but now that's all just a dream. 

Iwaizumi and his wife have been checking on me regularly, dropping food in front of my door as I didn't open the door for anyone. I feel bad for Iwaizumi, he too must be at loss right now. He lost his best friend too, but he still trying to look after me...

Y/N: Tooru... I miss you...

Just then I hear the bell rings. I wipe my tears away and walk out of my room. Maybe it's Iwaizumi or his wife. I have to see them eventually, they must be worried. So I walk to the door and unlock it.

But, instead of Iwaizumi or his wife, I see a tall man with olive green hair and eyes. This man has a straight face as he stares at me. He looks intimidating, sometimes he looks at his side but then turns his gaze back at me.

 He looks intimidating, sometimes he looks at his side but then turns his gaze back at me

Y/N: um... hello, who are you?

The man bows his head at me a little and then looks to his side for a sec, then he turns his gaze straights at my eyes.

Ushijima: Good evening, my name is Ushijima Wakatoshi. I'm a detective...

Why would a detective come to my place?

■Ushijima's POV■

I watch as the woman in front of me stares at me confusedly. She tilts her head a little and then smiles a little at me.

Y/N: ung... Ushijima san... what do you need? May I help you?

I stay still, trying to think of what to say when I feel a slap on my back, which made me stumbles forward a little.

Y/N: uh are you okay Ushijima san?

Ushijima: oh yeah pardon me...

She definitely can't see it, no one can. I look to the side, a man with brown hair is staring gently at L/N Y/N. Then he turns his gaze at me and frowns a little.

Oikawa: Oi Ushiwaka... hurry up and tell her not to cry anymore! to stop thinking about me, hurry!

I, don't know how it happened. But I was being followed by a ghost named Oikawa Tooru.

A week ago, I almost lost my life on a mission as I got shot in my chest and abdomen. When I woke up, I saw this guy in the hallway, staring at a crying woman. I thought he was human so I call out to him and asked if he's alright. He looks back, surprised that I can see him, and then I found out that he's a ghost.

I'm the only one who can see him and hear him. He can even hit me sometimes. I thought I was nuts because I hit my head or anything, but they said nothing's wrong with my head. When I realize that I was being followed by this ghost, I tried to ignore him until yesterday.

~Flashback~

Oikawa: Oi Ushiwaka please don't ignore me...

Ushijima: It's Ushijima.... I'm the one who should say, please don't bother me.... and go to heaven right away... rest in peace...

That Oikawa looks down, and I sneak a peek at him. Usually, he would keep on pestering me, maybe today he will give up. But then Oikawa looks up at me.

Oikawa: I... can't leave yet... my Y/N, I know she's still crying at night.... if... If I wasn't murdered by those guys, I would still be by her side...

I was startled when he said that.

Ushijima: you died in a car accident...

Oikawa: No I'm not... My car was hit by those guys, but I didn't die right away... but one of them... hit my head to the steering wheel... till I... shit... those guys with gold chains...

Gold chains? The organization that I've been following before I got shot was related to Gold chains. The member has gold chains with them. 

Ushijima: you... what do you remember about these gold chains?

~End Of Flashback~

And that's how I ended up here in front of his fiance's house. He said he'll tell me if I told his fiance not to be worried. I look at the woman in front of me. Her eyes are puffy and red, meaning she has been crying nonstop, just like what Oikawa thought.

Ushijima: you're Oikawa Tooru's fiance, L/N Y/N san, right?

L/N nods her head and then looks up at me.

Y/N: um, are you an acquaintance of Tooru? I've never seen you before...

Ushijima: ah right.... um first, I want to say I'm sorry for your loss...

I bow my head at her, and when I look up, I look at Oikawa who's staring at her with wide eyes. Then I turn my gaze at L/N again, my breath hitch. 

L/N Y/N is bowing her head at me but when she lifted her head, I could see how tears are brimming from her eyes.

Y/N: Thank... you... uh I'm sorry... I uh, my tears still come out of my eyes every time I hear any condolences words...

Oikawa is now staring at her, he tried to places his hand on her, wanting to soothe her, but he can't touch her. He only stands next to her with a pained expression.

Y/N: Tooru... he always is really careful when he drives... why... just how come... I still can't believe it...

Oikawa: Y/N... I'm sorry...

Seeing Oikawa's pained expression as he apologizes to her, but she couldn't hear him, somehow makes me clench my fist. L/N is crying right next to the person she misses, but she didn't know it.

It's all because of those gold chains members...

I remember the day I got shot by them, along with my partners but, one of them didn't make it. I too, just lost someone close to me, my teammate, Tendo. 

I keep on questioning, why did I survive, but maybe that's for a reason.

I walk closer to the crying woman, made her look up at me. Oikawa too turns his gaze at me.

Ushijima: this... will be quite shocking news... but please listen...

Oikawa is now standing between me and Y/N.

Oikawa: what are you going to say? Don't tell her about that...

Ushijima: Oikawa Tooru... there's something behind his death...

Oikawa: USHIWAKA, DON'T TELL HER ABOUT THAT... YOU... I BROUGHT YOU HERE TO TELL HER NOT TO WORRY GOT DAMN IT!

Y/N: what's wrong... with Tooru's death?

Oikawa: please... don't make her anymore sadder because of me...

I clench my fist, but I've made up my mind.

Ushijima: your fiance... Oikawa Tooru did not die in a car accident... he was murdered...

L/N Y/N's eyes are wide open as she stares at me in disbelief. Oikawa just walks through my body, probably planning to hit me but he couldn't.

Being alive...

Seeing Oikawa Tooru...

And meeting L/N Y/N...

I'm sure they're all here for a reason...

That could help me to catch the killer of my friend too...