Ch.2 Partner

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N stares at the man in front of her. She was stunned by what she just heard. Ushijima becomes nervous when he sees Y/N's current state. He thinks that Y/N might not gonna believe him and to him to leave, but the thing that happens next surprises him. Y/N opens the door to her house slightly bigger and steps aside.

Y/N: Ushijima san... you... could you please tell me inside...

Oikawa was surprised as well, he thinks that Y/N fall deeper into her sadness, but the looks in her eyes showing otherwise. Ushijima glances at Oikawa but he averts his gaze, probably because he's still pissed that Ushijima told Y/N about him being murdered. Ushijima sighs and then walks into Y/N's apartment.

Ushijima: sorry for the intrusion...

Ushijima walks further into the apartment and sits on the couch where Y/N points at. Y/N walks behind the kitchen counter and prepares a cup of coffee for Ushijima. Ushijima sits comfortably, eyes wandering around the house. There are some photos of Y/N and Oikawa together here and there. 

Y/N came and places the cup of coffee in front of Ushijima, she then sits across from him. And then Y/N stares at Ushijima, eyes look determined.

Y/N: Ushijima san... could you please... tell me about what you mean earlier? How... is Tooru... why did you think that Tooru was murdered?

Ushijima sits straight and about to say something when Oikawa says something to him.

Oikawa: Don't tell him that I became a wandering ghost... she'll be sad... and... it's weird...

Ushijima sigh while looking at his side. Y/N has been noticing that Ushijima sometimes glances at his side, is it a habit? she thought.

■Ushijima's POV■

This Oikawa really cared about his woman, so I can't tell her about him being around here with us. I look back at L/N who sits across from me and finally explain.

Ushijima: I'm on a law enforcement agency, as a detective. For the last six months, I've been investigating an organization called the "Gold Cuff".

Actually, we don't know what's the name of the organization, we call them that because people who have encountered them said that they have gold chains ear cuff. I told her how I've been investigating this organization with my colleagues Semi Eita, Ohira Reon, and Tendo Satori.

We're sure that they work for a certain company as their men. Wreak havoc on another company, and even killed for that company. We have to find which company that is, that's why we need to capture the Gold Cuff members. But on our last encounter with them, we lost our member.

Ushijima: And that day, we.. too lost our teammate...

I look up to meet Y/N's face who looks worried.

Y/N: I... am sorry for your loss Ushijima san... um but how is it related to Tooru's death?

Crap!

I haven't think about it, I look at Oikawa but he everts his gaze somewhere else. I actually didn't know Oikawa until he haunts me. The day he was killed, I haven't woke up from a coma.

I couldn't just say that "Oikawa told me he was killed by someone with golden chain ear cuff" to his fiance. L/N is staring at me waiting for my answer.

Then I spot framed magazine page, on the wall. There's written that Oikawa Tooru in fact is the CEO of Aoba Group. It's one of the biggest companies at this time.

I look at Oikawa who raises an eyebrow at me. Never thought that this goofball ghost was a successful CEO when he was alive. Then I got an Idea, The Aoba Group definitely got the attention of their rival companies. It could be related.