𝟎𝟎𝟓: 𝐝𝐢𝐠 𝐝𝐮𝐠

—

Sam had explained everything on the way to the Byers' house. Mike had did the same, he told the whole story about the year before.

Sam had learned about the boys' nicknames for the weird other dimension creature, and she had learned about the girl who was much like her, Eleven.

Although Mike did seem very timid when talking about her, he didn't say much except that she saved them all.

He did question her about El though, "Sam, does El ring a bell to you? Do you ever remember seeing her?"

Sam's natural response to what happened at the lab was to block everything out, except the things she couldn't forget.

She gently shook her head, "No, sorry."

Once the two finally arrived at the Byers estate, Mike urged himself in and very quickly summarized things for Joyce who was very confused.

"Wait, wait, wait. So... Sam, you're like El?"

The thin girl nodded, along with Mike who added input, "She could feel when Will was in his episodes! She was the one who woke him up on the field!"

"Oh wow... This is a lot to take in..."

Mike nudged Sam to go on, she deeply inhaled, "I- It's hard to— it's hard to explain, but... There's something latched onto his mind... he could be in danger."

Joyce already knew Will wasn't safe at this point... but the look on Sam's faced scared her ten times worse, the woman could tell the young girl had dealt with this hell before and knew it better than anybody else.

Joyce rushed over to phone the police chief while Mike and Sam talked with an anxious Will.

The boy was covered in sweat as he explained things to his friends, his eyes never once blinking.

Will's voice cracked as Mike investigated with questions, tears started welling in his eyes, "At first I just felt it in the back of my head."

Sam's eyes traveled over to him. The back of her head was where she always heard the voice...

Will started to cry as he explained things, Mike sat besides him as he patiently listened.

Sam sat next to Will who was trembling, she could instantly sense the brewing storm inside of him.

It hurt to even feel, she detached herself away from his mind for her own safety.