𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

The alarms blaring was the first warning sign to get the hell out of there. Adding on to the fact that destruction and wicked growls could be heard.

Yep, definitely too late.

It was like a scene straight out of horror movie, but this time the heroes were dead.

Bob held Mike against the wall, confusion filling his face, "What the hell?"

"We're too late." Sam repeats, this time louder.

"What?"

Mike pushes Bob off of him, "We're too late!" He yells, running back to Will's room.

Sam and Bob quickly followed, immediately being met with a distressed Joyce.

"What's going on?" Joyce questioned.

Mike pants, "We're under attack."

He then walks over to the counter, grabbing a syringe, "We need to make Will sleep."

Joyce, still completely lost, gasps, "What?"

"He's a spy. If he knows where we are—"

"Then so does the shadow monster." Sam cuts Mike off, looking at Joyce with certainty.

Will, more possessed now, denies with a shout, "He's lying!"

"He killed those soldiers! He'll kill us, too!" Mike defends.

Will, completely insane and mad shouts, "He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!"

Joyce tried to calm her son down as she's stricken herself at the same time.

Loud gunshots and glass breaking could be heard all throughout the lab.

"Those are gunshots!" Bob states with worry.

"He's lying! He's lying! He—"

"Will. Will. Listen. Do you know who I am?" Joyce holds her son by the shoulders, looking deep into the eyes that no longer belonged to her boy, "Do you know who I am?"

"You're..." Will stammers, trailing off as he tries to think, "You're mom."

Joyce looked at him with sorrow. She had already made her decision.