𝟎𝟎𝟔: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐲

The hallways were filled with Will's painful wails and Joyce's distraught sobs.

Bob, Mike, and Sam followed behind the stretcher pulling Will along.

Sam couldn't find it in herself to be afraid at the fact that she was in the lab again. The fear of losing Will was far more large, and the shadow monster feeling was increasing by the second.

The doctors finally pulled Will into a hospital room, setting him down as he screamed in pain.

Bob held a crazed Joyce back from consoling her son.

Mike and Sam locked eyes, the intense feelings felt very overwhelming for two thirteen year olds'.

Mike accidentally interlocked his hand with hers. The young boy apologized, blushing as he pulled his hand away but Sam gripped onto it tightly with a pleading expression.

Mike realized that she wanted to hold his hand. She probably felt very afraid right now, he thought.

This was practically the place where she was raised.

He returned the warm hand holding feeling and rubbed his thumb against her soft skin as the doctors injected Will with something.

Will was put to sleep shortly after, and Mike also went to bed on a chair by Will's bed.

Bob and Joyce were up all night, talking to the lab officials and doctors about what had happened all while Sam was completely dazed, her thoughts on the shadow monster.

She felt internally weakened from how strong the shadow monster was now.

Her eyes traveled over to Bob who was having a chat with Joyce, and then her eyes went over to Mike who was still fast asleep.

Sam sighed, sitting up and walking out into the hallways to use the landline.

She hadn't talked to Steve in days now. He had to be worried right? It's not like he's busy dealing with dangerous Upside Down creatures...

The phone rung and rung.

"Hey this is Steve, I'm probably doing something totally cool right now. So, leave a message."