𝟎𝟎𝟗: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞

Sam felt Mike quietly slip away from her side, walking over to the girl who had saved them all.

"Eleven."

"Mike."

The two embraced in a tight hug, both of them sharing sweet words and tears.

Sam felt her eyes burn, these two must've been really close...

Mike's voice croaked, "I called you every night. Every night for—

"353 days... I heard." El tells him with a small grin.

Mike's face turns confused, "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

 "Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper tells the boy.

Shortly after, Hopper and El shared a hug.

"You've been hiding her..." Mike starts, anger building in his voice, "You've been hiding her this whole time!"

He harshly shoves Hopper who gets defensive, "Hey! You don't under—"

"I don't understand?! What is there to understand!?"

"Mike..." Sam softly spoke, walking over to him, "It was to protect her..."

"You too?" He asked with such force, like he hated her guts or something.

More tears fell down his pale face as he eyed the girl in front of him, "You lied to me..."

"Mike—"

"No!" The raven haired boy grips her wrist tightly, bringing her over to one of the rooms in the Byers' household, shutting the door instantly so they could talk alone.

Once he shut the door, he spun around to face her, "Protecting her! Protecting her?"

"Mike, stop. Listen to me. She hasn't adapted to human life yet... we can't have people knowing too much about her, or she'll be in danger." Sam tried to keep her tone calm but Michael was aggravating her by every second.

 "Oh, so what? I should be thanking you?"

"I didn't sa—"