𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

—

Sam continued to scream and sob, Mike and El at both of her sides, some what making an effort to comfort her but she was out of control.

The flesh on her leg started to sizzle and sharp movements could be felt again.

"What is that!?" Erica, Lucas' litter sister, asked with disgust.

"There's something in there!" Mike replies with panic.

Sam's face was growing red as she wailed, "Ow!"

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Johnathan instructs, running over somewhere.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake." Mike cooed before advising, "Let's get her on this side, on this side."

Steve latched onto his sister's shoulders carefully switching her position as Nancy helped.

"You know, it's actually not that bad." Robin tells the girl, trying to be a comforting friend, "There was a... The goalie, on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

Everyone eyed the girl, silently telling her to be quiet.

"Robin." Steve says, "You're not helping."

"I'm sorry."

After a couple seconds Johnathan came dashing back, knife and spoon in hand.

"Okay. All right, Sam. This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Johnathan spoke in a soft voice.

Sam nodded, sobbing, "Okay."

Mentally she shrugged, it's already hurting like hell, could it really get worse?

"Need you to stay real still." Johnathan told her, like she was at a doctors visit or something, "Bite down on this." He hands the spoon to El who places it in Sam's mouth.

Sam whimpered, feeling Johnathan's gloved hands rest against her leg, his other holding the knife.

She shut her eyes, preparing for the pain.

Mike glared at Johnathan who hesitated, "Do it."

Sam screamed once the sharp metal made contact with her skin, feeling warm blood pour out of the cut.

Okay, this definitely hurts a lot worse.

Sam yelped and cried, her finger nails digging into Mike's palm.