𝟎𝟎𝟗: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

warning: longggggg ass chapter :)

nine― THE PIGGYBACK

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time." Nancy announced, pacing around in the darkness of a stolen trailer, only lit by moonlight, "Phase one:"

"We meet Erica at the playground." Robin recalls without a doubt, "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two:"

Steve corresponds, "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?"

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin says before Eddie playfully ruffles his hair.

"Four."

"We head into One/Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and... you guys will flame him and I'll somehow blow his head off." Sam ends the plan with a harsh sigh.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

"Got it."

The six all walk out into the dark abyss of the night sky, sneaking into the trailer park and heading to Eddie's estate, everyone, except Sam, was geared up with weapons.

Steve opened the trailer's door, flicking the lights on and motioning for the rest to follow. Everyone entered the space they were in only the night before, gaping up at the huge gate with mutual astonishment and horror.

The makeshift rope between the dimensions was still in place, making the travel back easy. Only thing was that no mattress was placed on the Upside Down side. Luckily, they had Steve to volunteer to do the hard part.

"Be careful." Dustin advised with care.

"Thanks, buddy," Steve pat his shoulder, looking over to Sam who was wordlessly telling him the same thing, "It'll be easy-peasy."

"Here goes nothing," he jested before climbing up the bed sheets, grunting as he entered the Upside Down, flipping around before releasing his grip and landing on his feet.

Sam was impressed but wouldn't show it, just so she'd make sure his ego wasn't too big.

He looked up at the crew and gave them a cocky shrug.