𝟎𝟎𝟐: 𝐯𝐞𝐜𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞

two― VECNA'S CURSE

two― VECNA'S CURSE

The tiny silver lining slithered away, followed by fast, hurtful, rushes, like electricity pouncing through her veins. The pain, sharp and swift, caused the girl to shut her eyes, a wince on her face as she waited for the agony to eventually subside. With an abrupt shock, a gasp flowing out of her lips, and a groan, it was suddenly gone.

Mike had noticed.

"Another headache?"

"Yeah..." she grunted, seething through gritted teeth, "It's more of like- random surges through my head."

"Huh. That's weird."

"Would another drawing make it better?"

Sam's features softened at the young voice filled with concern and curiosity. A smile filled the teenager's lips as she nodded, "Anything you draw would make me feel better."

"Yay! Really?"

"Mhm—"

"Holly, what are you doing up? It's way past your bedtime," Mike scolded, gently shoving his younger sister out of his bedroom as Sam waited patiently in bed for Mike.

"All packed?" Mike asked, patting Sam's luggage that was half filled with her own clothes and half filled with some of Mike's due to the abrupt delay in the Harrington household.

Sam nodded with enthusiasm that covered her utter sadness and disappointment for herself. She really felt guilty about the fact that she was sneaking off all the way to California without her brother's permission. She said some awful things she shouldn't have said to him... It wasn't nice. And it wasn't herself.

Mike slipped under the covers next to his girlfriend, hiding the most obvious blush on his face, he respectfully kept his distance from her; just so she had personal space. He then switched the bedside lamp off and let them abate in the darkness.

"Venkman?" Sam asked after minutes of silence.

"Yeah?" He whispered, rubbing his eyes with exhaustion, wordlessly fearing that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep and then he would cause them to miss their flight. Y'know, real world problems, right?

"Do you think I should've just listened to Steve?"

Mike scoffed, "Pshh, of course not! He was being a total douche! You don't deserve that."