Chapter Two

Andys POV
Before Jacob woke up, i called Y/N to come over to the house, as i wanted to talk to her about the knife and if she knew anything about it. Shortly after she arrived. "Y/N come sit down i just want to ask you a question." She sat down across the table, Laurie sitting next to me. "Did you know Jacob had a knife?" I questioned her. Looking at her facial expressions, she seemed rather confused. "Kn- knife? What knife." She responded. I showed her the knife. "Ive never seen it, and no im not trying to cover up for Jacob i swear. Ive never seen it. Hes never shown or told me about a knife." "Its fine, i was just wondering alright? Youre not in trouble." I reassured her. We sat completely silent for a few minutes then Jacob came downstairs. "Jacob." I said getting up and around the counter. Laurie did the same while Y/N stayed sitting. I held up the knife. "What is this and why the hell do you have this. Where the hell did you even buy it?" "I bought it with my own money." "Why the hell did you show others?" "Well i brought it to school once and just show a friend but id never even use that knife! Wait. You think because i have the knife i had something to do with this?" "No i was just questioning why the hell my son had a knife and didnt say anything about it!" I yelled. "DEREK likes to talk shit online! Hes framing me for something i didnt do." I took a deep breath, "Youre right youre right. Im sorry i yelled at you." Y/N and Jacob went back up to his room and i turned to Laurie. "We gotta get rid of this knife." "Andy, its not a crime to own a knife." I walked outside and threw the knife out into a bin.

Y/N POV
After the fight Jacob led me back into my room. I tried to comfort him by holding his hand like he would usually do for me when i have panic attacks and tell him its alright. "Why didnt you tell me about the knife Jacob?" "I bought it out of nowhere, i brought it to school to show Derek thats all. Really i didnt think it would be harmful okay?" I looked at him. "Listen, i gotta go home okay? Stay out of trouble." I went downstairs and said bye to the Barbers. I went back home.

Andys POV
Dan Rifkin came up to me. His expressions revealed anger and emotional. He claimed he wanted a new DA and he was taking me off the case. I called the office, and they tell me i need to come in for a talk. As i arrive, im escorted in. Canvavan tells me they found my sons fingerprints on the body and theyre arresting my son and also searching the house. Im shocked. Lynn tells me to get a lawyer, as they have to treat it as any other case.

I call Laurie and tell her to get home as the police have a search warrant. I called Jacob but he didnt answer his phone. Y/N answered but told me she hadnt been with Jacob in the past few hours. Shit. I get home with officers telling me im not allowed in. "Its my house the search hasnt started i can go in!" I shouted, but Paula arrives and apologizes, she tells me to step aside and wait outside. Laurie then arrived and we waited outside while she was in tears.

Jacobs POV
I was walking around the corner when i had seen police at my house. I panicked then proceeded to walk and run the other direction. Y/N my dad and my mom called but i ignored all calls until my battery ran out. I was scared. I was nervous.

Andys POV
After Paula finished searching the house, i said we werent ready to answer questions yet and they took Jacobs electronics and we went inside. It was turning darker and Jacob was nowhere to be found.

Jacobs POV
It was dark. I sat on the swing set at the park, a police car drove by and was searching around the park. She saw me and flashed her light at me. She then handcuffed me and put me in the back of her car. I started crying. "I didnt kill him i swear. I checked to see if he was okay and saw blood.. i panicked and ran."

Im taken to the police station. Im not allowed to go home until morning. 20 Minutes later, my parents arrive at the station. I was crying. "Look, youre going to have to stay the night but first thing in the morning we're going to pick you up okay?" Laurie assured me. "Guys, i know im not the perfect son, but i didnt do it okay? I didnt kill Ben. I would never kill him."

The Barbers go back home while Jacob spends the night in jail. Andy calls Y/N to tell her they found Jacob but he had been arrested and is spending the night in jail. He said if she wants to, he'll pick her up in the morning and they'll all go to the station to pick him up. He could hear her crying, so he told her everything will be alright and she should try and get some rest.

Y/N POV
I was scared for Jacob. I couldnt wrap my mind about him doing this. Ive known him for so long, he never seemed to be a murderer to me.. but even salt looks like sugar. What i feared the most was liking someone who could possibly be a murderer.