Chapter Twenty Nine

Jacobs POV

Flashbacks

"YOURE DRIVING TOO FAST! MOM PLEASE!" I yell out. Im panicking. Shes driving too fast. What is going on? "MOM PLEASE YOURE SCARING ME!" I continue to scream. Every panic louder than the other. "DID YOU DO IT? DID YOU KILL HIM?" She yells at me. "NO! NO! NO I DIDNT I DIDNT KILL HIM MOM!" I kept looking back and forth from her to the road. "DONT LIE TO ME JACOB TELL ME DID YOU KILL HIM?" "YOURE DRIVING TOO FAST!" I yell. "ANSWER MY QUESTION JACOB DID YOU KILL HIM?" "YES MOM I DID!" My eyes are bawling, i can barely see anything cause its all so blurry. "You did?" She gasps trying to regain her breath but she hasnt slowed down. "NO MOM! Whatever you want to hear ill tell you!!" I screech. "DID YOU-" Thats when the car crashed.

Present

"STOP! YOURE DRIVING TOO FAST MOM!" I cover my face with my hands. "Jesus kid what the hell?" Andy pulls over on the side of the road. I was catching my breath. Breathing heavily you could see my chest moving up and down. Andy was looking at me like i was crazy. "Jacob? Its Andy? We're driving perfectly fine we just went under the tunnel? Are you okay?" He wanted to touch my face but i moved his hand away and unbuckled my seat to get out the car. I stood on the side of the road, my head killing me in pain. 

I heard Andys door slam. "Jacob whats wrong and why did you yell out moms name?" He came to my side. I was shaking. "Jacob look at me." He kneeled down and grabbed ahold of me so i could focus on him. "What happened." "She did it. She drove too fast she made the car crash. The accident was because of her." My voice cracked trying to speak. "Laurie crashed you? But why?" "She wanted to know if i had murdered Ben. Every time i said no she'd ask me the question over and over again. She was speeding because she wanted to know and when i told her yes to see if she would slow down, she just kept speeding but was speechless. Nothing would convince her and then she crashed us outside the tunnel." 

He was speechless. "Hey breathe breathe okay? Its not going to happen again okay? Do you need more time?" "No." I shook my head. "Lets go." 

We got to the barber shop and Andy took me up to the door. "Im going to stay out here and make a call okay? You know what you want?" He asks me. "Who are you going to call?" I ask. I knew what he was going to do but he insisted i just go inside. What was going to happen now?