Chapter Eighteen

Jacobs POV
I went with Hope to the bonfire but decided halfway to go back home. I didnt want to go. She of course wasnt happy that i wasnt going but whatever. I couldnt give two shits.

I got back to the hotel to see Y/N was already asleep in bed, i didnt want to disturb her so i sat outside on the balcony. For some reason i kept thinking about that stupid fucking trial and Ben Rifkins murder over and over in my head. When his dad came up to me the day i was free of all charges and he still accused me if murdering Ben. The JayKobbs account with the post, Sarah, Derek, everything about that fucking trial came to mind and i dont know why. Seeing his body on the run home and hiding from everyone and the police. Me and Y/N getting into a relationship. Everything happened so slow yet so fast. Now dad leaving his job, wanting us to move to Colorado everything was going too fast. I sat thinking for a few hours.

"Hey what are you doing here? I thought you were at the New Years bonfire?" Someone asked me. I didnt turn, i just knew it was Laurie. "I left." "Well why?" "I didnt want to go." "What about you going with Hope?" "She stayed." "Well wheres your dressed top?" "I left it there." Not once did i look back when she was questioning me. I heard they walked away and went to bed.

Y/N POV
I woke up and got dressed while the rest of the Barbers were chatting for a bit and got dressed after me. Laurie and Jacob were ready so they had gone down to the cafeteria earlier than me and Andy. "So why did you guys come home earlier? If im being honest, i expected you guys to come home later." I looked up confused. "What do you mean? I never went to the bonfire last night." I say. He looked confused at me. "I thought you and Jacob did. He was sitting on the balcony yesterday when we got home from the dinner. He was acting strange, i dont know." "Sorry Andy, but i came back to the hotel and went to sleep after me and Jacob came back from the beach. I remember him going thats it." We both stared at eachother for a little but shrugged off the thought and went to the cafeteria. He started telling me dad jokes which were terrible, you know the basic ones you would hear. "I made a pencil with two erasers, it was pointless." He says. "Haha Andy, very funny." I smirked. He obviously laughed. I peered up all of a sudden to look at Jacobs table to see police. "An- Andy." He looked at me and then the table. "Hey hey, this is my family whats going on." He says rushing over to them. I followed behind.