Chapter Thirty

Andys POV

I immediately called Duffy. I didnt know who else to call and i knew she would know what to do. I told her everything Jacob told me and she said she would figure something out. I stayed in the car while Jacob got a haircut. Whatever Jacob said sounded really convincing and truthful considering he was yelling in the car. I didnt know what to do. I do believe him.. only for the sole purpose Laurie had been acting weird ever since the first accusation. I knew from the start nothing was ever going to be the same again, but i assumed we wouldve evolved and moved past this. I guess i was wrong. 

Jacob got in the car after he was finished and we were quiet on the ride home. We didnt know what to say to eachother. I wanted to say something, but say what? 

In general, i want to know if Laurie was lying when she said she didnt remember anything, she could have but decided not to tell. I needed to talk to her.

We arrived back home, and Laurie was cooking dinner. She complimented Jacobs hair and when he went upstairs i placed the mail on the counter and looked at her. "Whats with that face?" She asks mixing around the food on the stove. "Do you remember anything that happened? From the car accident? Before you went in the hospital?" She turned her head over to me, pale faced. "No." Shes avoiding eye contact. She definetly remembers and i was just blinded this entire time. "Laurie you remember! Youre lying to me! I thought you said you didnt want anyone having secrets anymore! Why are you lying to me?" "Im not lying Andy! Why are you making it such a big deal that i cant remember!" She throws the cooking utensil to the side. "No youre lying! He told me! He told me everything you did! Youre a psycho! You tried to kill Jacob!" 

"DONT SAY THAT ANDY! I WANTED THE TRUTH FROM HIM? ISNT THAT WHAT YOU WANTED? THE TRUTH?" "BUT HES NOT THE MURDER LAURIE! HES NOT GUILTY!" "YOU DONT KNOW THAT ANDY! WHEN WE WERE IN MEXICO DIDNT YOU DOUBT WHAT YOU HAD BELIEVED AS WELL?" "HES MY SON I BELIEVE HE DIDNT DO IT! IVE HAD DOUBTS BUT AT LEAST I DIDNT TRY TO MURDER HIM IN A CAR ACCIDENT!" 

From the corner of my eye, i could see Jacob walking downstairs. The loud commotion mustve made him worry. "Jacob go back upstairs." I say trying to not sound annoyed at whats going on. "She remembers doesnt she?!" He says breaking down into tears. "Jacob just go back upstairs." "NO!" He shouts. "YOU TRIED TO KILL ME BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED I WAS A MURDER! BUT WHAT WOULDVE YOU BEEN IF I HAD DIED IN THAT CAR ACCIDENT?"

Thats when there was a knock on the door. Jacob ran upstairs. "Y/N.. hey. Look nows not the time." "Oh! My apologies! Ill just come back tomorrow, say hi to Jacob for me okay?" She starts walking down the porch. "Actually, can you uh, Jacobs in his room. Hes crying theres been a problem, i dont know you guys are like really close if you could just.. comfort him while i handle the situation with Laurie?"