Chapter Four

Y/N POV
I left the Barbers early yesterday. Id been scrolling through instagram and came across a post for Ben. In the comments everyone was blaming Jacob for the murder, then i saw people dragging my name aswell into it. "Both Jacob and his girlfriend did it." "Y/N has always been there for Jacob she wouldve helped him murder Ben." Y/N and Jacob did it." I tried to pretend that i was just heading home for a school night but in reality i got home and bursted into tears. I was scared. I didnt know what to believe really. I felt bad for Jacob, but i wasnt even sure if i believed he didnt do it.

Jacobs POV
I woke up and we met with Joanna. I told her that Ben had been bullying me, and Laurie got all upset. "Bullying you? How come you never told us this?" I shrugged. "Laurie, we're getting carried away focus." Laurie looked at me confused and annoyed. "Look, this is what we're going to do.." Joanna continued talking about the plan for what we were to do. After Andy and Joanna go back and forth with doubts, we concluded the meeting. "Oh and one thing, there is a reporter going around trying to get information. Under no circumstances will you talk about the family at all. I called Y/N and told her she should come over after school, she told me she was going to be busy but if she could find time she would come and stop by for a little.

Andys POV
After a little while, Laurie left saying she was going to eat with a co worker so i was alone in my room. I was on my phone until i heard loud swearing coming from Jacobs room. I told Jacob that he shouldnt be saying things like that so i sped to his room and opened the door. "Jacob what did i-" I looked and i saw him with another girl on the console. "Oh uh sorry i didnt mean to.. yea." "Dad this is Sarah." "Hi Mr. Barber.." "Yea Sarah we met at the interview. Alright. Sorry have fun guys." I closed the door again, i was walking downstairs and i went to grab a glass of water. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see Y/N. She was looking around and when i opened the door she faced me. "Y/N, hey come in." "Thanks. How are you?" "Doing alright kiddo, Jacobs upstairs with Sarah." She looked confused. "Well im just stopping by real quick so i wont even bother them." She replied. "Well is everything alright?" I walked around the counter. "Want water?" "No thanks im good." "So what brings you here." "I dont want you to get mad at me for what i say." She turns around and looks around. "And i dont want you to tell Jacob. Please." I sat down at the table and signaled her to sit next to me. She started fidgeting with her fingers again. "Hey calm down, whats wrong." I held her hand so she could calm herself. "Jacob asked me the other day, if i thought he murdered Ben. Of course, i said no, i reassured him i didnt. He told me he had found the body, but when he found it he panicked. Obviously got scared but didnt do anything. Andy, ive liked Jacob since who knows when, i really have, but im scared." Tears started rolling down her eyes. I wiped them away. "Y/N its okay to feel uneasy, trust me, but you need to hold yourself together. This isnt something you imagined happening, neither did we, but we're only going to get through this if we stick together and help eachother. As of right now, they can only prove Jacob did in fact touch Ben, but they dont have proof as to him murdering him. Its going to be alright." "Andy can i ask you one thing and can you be truthfully honest with me?" "Go ahead." "At anytime in these past few days, did you think for at least one second, maybe he was guilty?" I looked at her. I wanted to be truthful and honest with her. As my response, i just looked down. If im completely honest, i had reasonings to believe for just one second, but then it would go away. All of a sudden Jacob comes downstairs and into the kitchen and sees me and Y/N. "Y/N? Hey- whats wrong?" He saw her red and her face puffy. "I gotta go ill come by tomorrow." She said rushing up, then Sarah came downstairs. Y/N looked back at Jacob and then Sarah, and walked out the door.

Jacobs POV
I didnt even realize that Y/N was here, and when i tried to ask her a question she ran off. Since the my accusation of killing Ben had started, she'd been real off. I didnt know what to do or say anymore. I went back upstairs with Sarah. "Is she going to be alright?" Sarah asked me. "I dont know, but ill text her." Sarah nodded, "I gotta go home alright? See you later." She headed home.

I texted Y/N. "Hey is everything alright? How come you didnt tell me you were over? Can you come over tomorrow i want to talk about it. Anything. Everything."

I then proceeded to make a new fake instagram account.. then i added Sarah.

- Sarah -
That you Barber? I thought you weren't supposed to have social media.

- Jacob -
No one needs to know. Anyways, its private. I just wanted to hear your songs.