Chapter Thirty Three

Jacobs POV
"Okay Jacob.. so can you do me a favor and repeat the story one more time? Just so everyone hear can catch every moment of what you said if they missed something?" Neal said to me. Im now apart of the trial, its been a month since they knocked on our door and arrested my mom.

"I remember going to get a haircut.." I glimpse at my mom. She had her head down, she was staring at the brown table stand she was sitting behind. "And uhm.." ive already told this about two times. Andy was sitting next to me. "I remember she went a little crazy.. she started speeding and kept asking me, 'Did you kill Ben Rifkin' and of course i said no." "So you didnt kill Ben?" "No." "Are you sure?" "I didnt kill Ben." "Okay.. continue."

"So then she kept asking me the same question over and over until i said yes." "And why did you say yes?" "Because she wouldnt leave me alone. I thought if i said yes then maybe she'd slow down and calm down." "But you didnt kill Ben?" "No! I didnt kill Ben." I slammed my fist against the table.

Andy grabbed my hand to calm me down, we looked at eachother and he mouthed to me to take a deep breath. "I didnt kill Ben. I said that so she could stop asking me if i did. I never did." "And then what happened?" "Then i remember screaming and we crashed. Then i woke up in the hospital." "Okay."

Neal turned to everyone. "You see that? As the boy said he didnt murder Ben, but his mother tried to murder her own son!" There was a few murmuring in the background, you could hear a bit of shuffling here and there.

After a long day we went back home. Me and Andy did.. they kept my mother. "You know shes going to jail dad.. right?" Andy grabbed a glass of water. "Yea." He mumbled and went upstairs. I sat on the couch and watched as the sun set.