Part 1

Derek had gone camping with George, Burke, Alex, and Richard.
He needed space, time to relax. The trip was less than relaxing. George and Alex had wanted to knock each other's teeth out the whole trip. Richard had chastised them for attempting to fight, but seeing that it would happen whether he wanted it to or not, he limited them to open handed combat to protect their hands.
After their fight, everyone went to fish. The fishing concluded their trip and they headed back home.

Meanwhile at the Seattle Grace
Meredith was drowning herself in work. With Derek gone for a bit, she attempts to clear her head. Some twisted part of her still wants him, but she knows she will just get hurt again. She needs to just forget about him. Meredith is snapped out of her thoughts by non other than Mark. The local manwhore around the halls of Seattle Grace.
"Hello Dr. Grey" Mark says as he leans against the nurses station where Meredith is filling out charts.
"Dr.Sloan" she acknowledges him.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go to Joe's tonight?" He ask quickly.
"Mark why would I go to Joe's tonight with you?" I answer his question with a question.
"Why wouldn't you go to Joe's with me?... Come on Grey, a meeting of the dirty mistresses" He persisted.
"Fine I'm off at 8" I say before grabbing the charts I was working on and relocating.
"See ya then Grey" He yells after her fleeing form.

At Joe's Bar
Meredith and Mark had been drinking at the bar for about an hour now. They didn't do much talking. They both were wallowing in despair, I mean after all both the loves of their lives seemed to want nothing to do with them.
Mark is the first to strike up a conversation "Maybe you and Derek were never supposed to be.." he trails off.
"Maybe you and Addison were never supposed to be" she fires back.
"I'm gonna get another beer" Mark says leaving the table.
Meredith is sitting at the when she is approached by a familiar man. The man that had repeatedly broken her and occasionally tried to put her back together.
"Hi, I'm Derek Shepherd" Derek smiles at Meredith's confused facial expression.
"What are you doing?" She questions him.
"We met at this bar, you remember? We met and You said I'm just a girl, I said I'm just a guy and we started this thing and you didn't know anything about me, the good, the bad, the wife. You didn't even know my name. You didn't know me. I want you to know me, I want to start over. From the beginning. So Hi, Derek Shepherd." He explains.
"You walked away and now it's too late. There's too much water under the thing or whatever" She says trying not to let her guard down.
"Meredith...please" he tries again.
"Hi, I'm Meredith Grey" she holds her hand out to shake Derek's.