Part 10

Meredith's POV
I'm out! I'm out! I think happily as I free both my hands. I slowly and shakily get to my feet using the bat as a crutch. I look around the room. I realize I have to ways out a small window that was pretty high up or the stairs that would probably lead to a small messy house and maybe even Finn. With that thought I quickly made my mind up... Upstairs it is. 'Pshh that window was to high anyway'I say to convince myself that going up the stairs was best. I slowly approach the rotting wood stairs. I'm almost scared they won't support me all the way up. I don't know how Finn confidently stomps down them, I'd be scared they'd cave.
I again start talking to myself 'I know how he strides down so confidently alcohol he's so out of it he probably doesn't even notice how rickety those stairs are' I have to stop and focus I'm getting off task. It's like my head wants to get the fuck out of here, but my heart is wandering somewhere down here forever confined not wanting to be hurt again. Sure I was hurt in here, but that was one person my heart could handle that outside I was hurt by everyone around me. Truly a walking train wreck. I slap myself I need to focus. With a sore check I quickly run up the stairs.

I get to a door and quickly put my ear flush with the cold wood door. I listen for a minute for any movement or sound while I muster up the courage to go through the door.

I hold the bat tightly and open the door.

No ones in the room. It's eerily quiet.

I notice the cans of beer that litter the floor. The carpet is matted to the floor and dirty. The walls and filthy. I'm almost thankful that Finn put me down in the concrete basement it was much cleaner than up here.

I walk to the nearest door and exit.

The brisk cool air hits my skin, goosebumps sprinkle my skin. Then I see him.

He's running towards me.

As he's about to grab me I swing the bat as hard as I can. He falls. He's trying to get back up.

In the corner of my eye I see the shiny black car glistening in the sunlight.

The next thing I do I can't believe I did. I get in the car and run him down. I'm not sure why I chose that considering he was already down. To make sure he wouldn't get back up? I couldn't be sure.

I get out of the car. I'm a shell at this point. I start walking. I should have took the car but I didn't. I don't know why I was walking did I want to die because at this point it seemed I was going to die in the middle of the wood somewhere.

I think inside I truly didn't want to be found. Maybe that's why I walked. I kept walking. I noticed that the woods seemed to be thinning.

Derek's POV
"Have you seen Meredith?"
The sentence slipped from my lips to anyone that would listen. No one had seen her and she hadn't come to work. Maybe she over slept.

"Izzie have you seen Meredith she's my intern and she's no where to be found?" She wasn't technically my intern I stole her. I was getting worried about her considering she had bathed in alcohol the night before. She could be really sick at home.
"No I haven't seen her she didn't come home last night" Izzzie says looking concerned that she hadn't shown up home, gone with Derek, or come to work.
"She didn't go home?!" I ask louder than I intended.
"No but she's probably fine she a big girl she can take care of herself" Izzie says quickly defending her friend, she thought all this concern from Derek was because he figured she was incompetent or something so she was quick to defend her. Meredith was a lot of things, but incompetent was not one of them.
"Yes she can take care of herself, but not when's she practically drinks the whole stock of tequila at Joe's" I say getting more and more worried when I realize she went home in a cab, but never actually got home.
"She always drinks I'm sure she's fine" Izzie didn't want to admit it but she was starting to get worried.
"She took a cab home, are you sure she didn't get home?" I ask hoping she was lying to me and Meredith did get home.
"No she didn't" Izzie says quickly.
We lock eyes for a second and as if we can read each others minds we both start to quickly make our way to the chiefs office.

We both knock frantically and before he can invite us in Izzie busy through the door. The chief looks up perturbed by his sudden company. He gives us both questioning looks to which I quickly reply, "We think Meredith's been taken or in trouble she was drunk got in a cab and never made it home". The chief stands quickly.
"Well call the authorities what are you doing standing around, we are wasting time" Richard says as we all get to work, to find Meredith.

________________________________