Part 3

Hey guys! Grab your seat on Lexa Pie's time machine ferry. Ok put y'all seat belts on, we fast forwarding 2 months.. Zoom Zoom
📌 We made it to our destination, everyone plz exit Lexa Pie's ferry.
See ya! Enjoy the Fic
If you didn't get the memo we just time traveled 2 months later into the fic Mer and Der have officially been back together for 2 months!! 🥳

I left some music if you guys wanna listen to something while you read 🎶
----------------------
Meredith's POV
I woke up today with a sinking feeling, like shit was gonna go down today. I brushed the feeling away and got ready for work. As I was about the leave I kissed Derek goodbye and made sure everyone was ready to go. I didn't feel good so I had Alex drive, me, George, and Izzie to work, Cristina was already there.
Seattle Grace (Mer's POV still)
As we walk down the halls it's quiet. If I've learned anything from being a surgeon it's that quiet was never a good sign.

Cristina's POV
Burke proposed last night and I don't know how to feel, I said yes. I got to work early today so that I could distract myself with work. I noticed Mer looked weird walking around the halls all nervously, like she was avoiding someone. She leans against the nurses station most likely doing charts so I go up to her.
"Hey Mer I have news" I say wanting to tell my person the big news. Just as I am about to spill, we both get paged. Apparently a ferry crashed.

No ones POV
The five interns quickly make their way to the ambulance bay where ambulances with supplies are waiting for us. George, Izzie, Alex, Cristina, and Meredith are all hopping onto ambulances. When Dr. Bailey kicks George out and Dr. Shepherd takes his place. The ambulance ride is quick and they are on scene within minutes. When they emerge from the ambulance they all stand there for a moment taking in the scene before them. The smoke filling the air, the various bloodied bodies, and ear piercing screams of people from the crash. The surgeons quickly snap out of their trance and get to work.

Meredith's POV
I am running around like a crazy person. I've never seen something like this. I am helping people left and right when I come across a seemingly lost little girl. She reluctantly follows me around as I assist others. I find a man that appears to have crawled out of the water, he has a huge gash on his leg. I struggle to get control of the bleeding but eventually do. As I'm cleaning up my supplies I notice him shivering, so I put my sweater over him. I'm just about finished when I feel myself falling. It takes me a moment to realize I was pushed in, I'm falling into the water. I slam into the frigid water. My body tenses up and I am thrown from side to side my the current. I am trying to swim. Doing anything to stay above the water. I get close to the dock when a current comes and slams me into the wooden dock. This is when I give up, I have no more fight. I let go.

Derek's POV
Ferry's don't crash I think to myself as I am assessing a man with a minor head laceration. As I am finishing up I notice a man being rolled to an ambulance I go to check on him. He had a pretty bad gash in his leg. No one seems to know who helped him. I notice a Seattle Grace jacket draped over him. It has Meredith's tag but no one has seen her. Why would she leave the patient? I ask myself. That's when I notice the little girl I had seen strolling around with Meredith is now looking around aimlessly. I go up to her hoping she knows where Meredith went.
"Hi, I'm a doctor. Do you know where the lady doctor went?" I ask the little girl.
She just states blankly at him before leading him to the dock by the water.
I am confused for a while, but have a feeling I know where Meredith is.
I ask the little girl to reel me exactly where Mer is and she says in the water. That's all I need to hear I jump in looking for anything, my lungs are burning for oxygen. I was about to go up when my fingers brush up against fabric I grip it tightly and pull it up with me. Once I get up to the surface I look at what I had pulled up with me and sure enough it was Mer.