Part 7

I know we've been taking it a lot, but it's time for our next trip on Lexa Pie's magical time machine Ferry!! Put y'all seatbelts on. We are traveling 5 weeks into the future.
Zoom Zoom
📌 We have arrived at our destination. Everyone please exit Lexa Pie's Ferry and enjoy the fic!
Here's a quick rundown of what's happened/happening in the fic
•Merder isn't a thing rn
•Derek and Meredith are both seeing different people
----------------------
Meredith's POV
March 2007
Thursday,
I rushed into a relationship it was stupid but I did it anyway and it's starting to catch up with me. The realization that I wasn't over Derek when I went and found a rebound or a rebound found me. It's not fair to Patrick. I like him maybe love him, but it's all too soon.
See the thing is, I think all this then I remember it was too soon last time, and last time my boyfriend cheated probably because I wasn't actually fully in the relationship. Maybe that's been the problem I am not fully in. Maybe if I just go balls to the wall and dive into this relationship it will work. Writing really helps with clearing things up...
-Mer
Me and Derek at the beginning of this whole weird cheating, but not really cheating situation, wanted to hate each other. So we tried to hate each other for like 2 days, but that simply wasn't working how could we hate each other we have to work together? This led us to being friends, so me and Derek are friends. I must say this whole friend thing works. Me and Derek can still work together peacefully and to my knowledge we are both happy. We are both in relationships and everything is good. Tonight Derek's coming over to my place with Ellen and Patrick's going to be over. Ellen and Patrick get along which is good. It would be weird for them to not get along I mean after all they are both nurses in the hospital.

Derek's POV
Tonight me and Ellen are going to Meredith's house. Patrick's going to be there. I believe he's a nurse, he works on the same floor as Ellen. Ellen has the day off and I go into work later.
We arrive at Mer's and it's quiet which is unusual for a house that always seems to be taking in a new stray. Meredith let's us in and we all watch surgical tapes and talk. I've missed hanging out and watching surgical tapes with Meredith. We were friends sure but this was the first time we had hung out, outside of work. I am snapped out of my thoughts by my pager beeping. Then I hear another one go off. I get up and gather my stuff quickly and head to the door. Meredith also got paged so she's also heading out.

No ones POV
Meredith and Derek are getting paged to a incoming trauma. They carpool together to the hospital and when they get there they are confused as to why everyone's just sitting around. Apparently the patients hadn't actually arrived or they did, but they were all deceased upon arrival.
With this Derek decides to check up on a couple patients before leaving. Meredith just goes to the waiting room. She waits for Derek to finish as he was her ride back home. He gets done about 30 minutes later and they walk out of the hospital and head home.
Back at the house (still no ones POV)
Derek and Meredith arrive back at her house after only being gone around and hour and a half. They walk in and immediately start laughing.

Meredith's POV
We get back to my house and as soon as we get in our ears are assaulted with moans coming from upstairs. I start laughing and look at Derek who also starts to laugh.
"I guess Alex and Izzie are going at it still" Derek says through laughs.
"Yeah I-" Then it hits me Alex and Izzie are on call.
"Patrick?!" I say as I run up the stairs. It takes Derek a second for things to click and then he's right behind me.

Derek's POV
Me and Mer laugh for a bit. Then she stops I just look at her confused. Did I do something? Then she calls for Patrick before darting up the stairs. It took me a minute to understand what was happening. Once it occurred to me what she was implying I darted after her up the stairs. She's juggling the door knob and banging on the door. The moaning continues. So ran into her door breaking it wide open.

Meredith's POV
Derek ram the door in and we both gasp. I knew what was happening, but seeing it, confirming my suspicions that was a terrible feeling.
"Patrick what the fuck?!" I say without even thinking, my mouth just spewing the words out. Patrick noticed me and quickly gets up and covers himself.
"It's not what it looks like" he says looking straight at me.
"What is it with you men and saying it's not what it looks like, because to me it looks like your fucking railing Ellen in my bed, while I was at the hospital" I say yelling at him.
Derek's yelling behind me but his voice seems so far away I can't even make out what he's saying. Before I can think another thought I am kicking Patrick and Ellen out of my house.

------------------------

Well that's not good...