Part 14

Meredith's POV
I get to go home today. It's about time they had to monitor me for a day and a half.
"Izzie get away from me with that" I say in disgust at the prospect of Izzie pushing me in a wheelchair out of the hospital like some kid.
"Come on Mer, if you want to leave you have to sit down" Izzie insisted pushing the wheelchair closer to me. I didn't want to sit in it, but Izzie although annoying and overbearing had been by my side the whole time I was in the hospital so I sat down.
"Izzie you better get me out of this hospital as quickly as possible" I mutter sinking into the chair. She nods and quickly pushes me through the lobby and to the car. She drives us to the house. We get out she watches me as I go up the stairs. She's watching me like a hawk. Like I'll peel over and die any second.
"Izzie I really appreciate you being with me in the hospital, but you don't have to watch me like a hawk I'm not going to die..it was just alcohol poisoning, I'm fine now" I try to convince that she doesn't have to hover, to no avail. I guess I'll have mama Izzie trailing me all day.

Around lunch time Izzie comes in to check on me. She's still here? I thought she would have gone to work by now.
"Iz don't you have work?" I ask not sure why she's here still.
"Oh yeah chief gave me time off to watch you make sure that your ok, I got back tomorrow when you go back" she says with a smile handing me a basket of baked goods.
"Thanks Iz" I say as I dig into a muffin from the basket. She nods and exits the room. Maybe this hovering thing wasn't to bad I got snacks out of it.

After eating 2 of the muffins Izzie brought I fell asleep. I had been sleeping a lot lately I don't know how I was still tired.

⚠️Tw⚠️ this part of the story may be triggering for some people. If guns and or gun violence trigger you I suggest you do not read this part. Stay safe luvs

I awoke abruptly to glass breaking. I was still half asleep till I heard Izzie screaming downstairs. I quickly got up and ran down the stairs. When I got down the stairs I seen a man in a hoodie pointing a gun at Izzie. She looks at me frantically.

"Who are you? What do you want? Money? You can have it my purse is in the living room" I say pointing to the living room. He approaches me and grabs my arm putting me next to Izzie on the kitchen floor. She's shaking and crying I'm trying to comfort her without bringing to much attention towards us as the man is pacing around the room.

"I'm looking for Ellis, I know she lives here so where is she?" The man says angrily.

"She actually doesn't live here" I say timidly.
Izzie starts freaking out when she realizes he's here for Ellis.

"You. You know something. Where is she?" He ask turning his attention to Izzie.
"She doesn't live here" She says shakily. That noice could convince an ant let alone the man pointing the gun at us.
"Tell me" he says pointing the gun at her head.
She pulls herself together enough to to mutter out, "she moved out, she doesn't live here anymore, what do you want we can get you whatever you want just tell us what you want".
"I want revenge and unless you can get my Ellis you are useless" he says to Izzie before getting up and pacing again. The man asking for Ellis immediately brings me back to my dream. "Woods, shed, Derek's land" I look over to Izzie. I write that down on a piece of paper to ensure she doesn't forget and I begin to try and get us out of this situation.
"I'm her daughter, Meredith Grey, take me just let her go she hasn't done anything, if you take me you might me able to get to my mother" I plead with the man. He looks over at me and begins to pace again. I look over at Izzie again and begin to write.
Finn Dandridge
Is all I manage to write before the man turns to me. I think he's going to take me up on my offer. He quickly grabs a rag and puts it over my mouth. I pass out almost immediately.

Izzie's POV
A man just broke into our house and all Meredith can do is pass notes. You've got to be kidding me. I haven't read any of them. I can't fathom what could be so important in this moment that she's passing notes. Then she offers herself to the man in place of her mom? It's not making any sense. She must know something I don't. I guess the man took her up on her offer because he places a rag over her mouth knocking her out almost immediately. I start to freak out when he approaches me with the same rag. He firmly places it over my mouth. The last thing I remember was fear.
------------------------
Izzie stop being stupid if that man leaves you, you better read those notes..😠