Part 16

BANG! BANG! BANG! Here we go!!
Tehe buckle up this ones a doozy!

Meredith's POV
"I'm about to kill you and you have nothing to say?!" He spat. What was I supposed to say? What did he want me to say? I've never been in this situation before..

He put the gun down momentarily, then raises it again.

BANG!
-
I closed my eyes tightly expecting radiating pain to shoot through my body but it doesn't. I look up frantically and see Finn lying on the ground. He's dead.
I look up the stairs and see the silhouette of the person with the gun still trailing Finn.
I pick both my hands up in surrender.

The person starts swaying before falling down snaking their head hard against the one piece of furniture in the small room.

So much has happened. This is nothing like my dream. I sat in shock for a while before getting up and making my first attempt to leave.

I slowly creep up the stairs paranoid that somethings going to happen. When I get to the top of the stairs I realize the person hasn't moved. I don't know who it is, I can't see anything, but whoever it is they saved my life by killing Finn. I hop into doctor mode me try to one identify the person and two help them since they're unconscious.

Helping them is proving to be challenging they have a pulse but it's slow and barely there. I am out of my element. I can't see anything. There's got to be a light somewhere.

Derek's POV
It's dark now but we have to investigate the trials on my land. Knowing Meredith is somewhere out here is making it difficult for me to think. She could be in trouble or hurt.
Izzie is nervous being in the woods when it's dark, but I forced her to come since she wasn't working and 4 eyes are better than 2.
There are five roads on the land. The first one is muddy so we don't go down it. We don't want to end up stuck on some muddy trail. The other trails are stretchy too. They all have their own inconvenience. That's probably why me and Mer only walked doc on the third trail of my land it's the cleanest and it doesn't get muddy.
We investigate the second trail there's nothing.

"We're getting no where! Do you think that maybe she didn't mean what she said on the notes or something?" Izzie complains as we begin to drive down the third trail.
"Izzie I have no clue what she meant by those notes but what other option is there we sit around and wait. We can't wait she needs to be found and waiting won't do that!" She sits quietly for most of the ride.
We approach the fourth trail which was about two miles from the third trail. These two are a lot closer that the others trials which are more spread apart.
"Do you drive down this trail a lot?" Izzie asks.
"No why?"
"Because there's tire tracks on the trail" Izzie laughs nervously.
"Tire tracks?" I questions looking closely at the trail. Izzie was right there were tire marks but they definitely weren't from my car.

BANG!

Me and Izzie both look at each other. My heart sinking.
I drive towards to sound although every fiber in my being is telling me to get the fuck out of there.
We are getting to the end of the trail and I start to think that maybe the sound came from the third trail. As I'm turning the car around to exit the trail and go to the final one Izzie shakes my arm.
"Derek look" Izzie yells pointing at a small shed that looks to be falling apart. It's not very far from the trail, but is surrounded by dense forest we could have easily missed it. I sit looking at the shed for a minute before Izzie asks, "Do you think that's where we heard the gun shot? Do you think this is where Finn lives?".
"I'm not sure, I'm going to go take a look, you stay here"
"Wait you can't leave my in the car by myself we're in the middle of the woods and we just heard a gun shot!!" Izzie tells me as she opens her door and steps out of the car. I roll my eyes turn off my car and stand at the edge of the trail. I'm nervous to walk into that forest.
"Well after you" Izzie says pushing me into the forest.
"Start walking towards the shed! Hurry up this is creepy!"
"Izzie shut up I'll walk towards the shed in a minute"
"Stop being a bitch and walk into that forest"
"Why don't you start walking first" I say back, getting nervous about approaching that shed. There's probably nothing in it I tell myself as I approach the shed Izzie following close behind.

Meredith's POV
I'm trying to help the women the best I can. I'm looking for a phone to call for help, but I can't find one.
I hear a car drive by I get nervous hoping it's not someone here to finish the job Finn couldn't finish. The car begins to turn, I assume going back down the trail to leave, but they don't leave, the car stays shining a light on the shed. I use the little light that's coming through the walls of the shed to try and collect myself.
I look back down at the person who shot Finn. She's been unconscious since she fell and hit the edge of the desk. I assumed was fine though since she had a pulse. She should go to the hospital though get her head checked out, she hit it pretty hard on the desk. I start looking for the gun knowing it's still in the room as the light begins to leave the shed
I take one last glance at the women, who saved me from Finn.
"Omg mom?!" No no no no this cannot be happening. I pinch myself hoping I'll wake up from this nightmare. I don't wake up. I'm seeing things that wasn't my mother it couldn't have been. I get up and look for any source of light. Was I going crazy?
Then the door came crashing down. I screamed. Someone flashed a flashlight in the room. I grabbed the gun pointing it up quickly to the person who entered the room.

Izzie's POV
I should have stayed in the car. This place is creepy. It's dark and the only thing we have is a flashlight. We walk to the shed and Derek tell me the back up. He then breaks the door down. I can't believe he just broke the door down there could be a killer in there and all we have is a flashlight. Derek flashed the flashlight. I can't see into the room. I watch as he puts his hands up quickly. I do the same great I guess Finn's at the door.
"Meredith put down the gun! It's me and Izzie" I hear Derek say. Meredith? The person with the gun was Meredith? What's going on? I push Derek out of the way only to be faced with Meredith holding a gun straight at us.
"Woah, Meredith? Put the gun down"
She snaps out of whatever trance she was in and lowers the gun looking at me and Derek. She then begins frantically pointing around. She first points to the floor. On the floor is Ellis. Then the runs to the stairs we follow her and she points again. Derek flashes the flashlight into the room and there Finn.
Derek calls the police and gets an ambulance for Meredith and Ellis.

When the ambulances arrive they take Meredith and Ellis. The cops begin their investigation. They take me and Derek's statements before allowing us to leave.

Me and Derek drive to the hospital in silence.

______
I don't like Ellis but thanks for saving Mer I guess...
Also Ellis does have Alzheimers in the story, she was lucid when Izzie went to talk to her and knows that if he took Meredith then she's probably in trouble so she goes to save Meredith.