Part 20

Proof readings not my strong suit sorry!!

"Derek?!" Meredith yelled through the small trailer. She couldn't figure out the microwave.
"Huh? You ok Mer?" Derek says stumbling into the trailers kitchen.
"What's up with your microwave?" Meredith says pointing at the machine she had been struggling with for a couple minutes.
"I don't know what's up with it, what are you microwaving?" Derek asked opening the microwave.
"I was trying to heat up my breakfast and the microwave won't work" Meredith says getting frustrated.
"Well Mer it's not plugged in-"
"Why isn't it plugged in?!" Meredith huffs moving the microwave and plugging it in.
"Well I don't use it much it's usually I plugged sorry about that Mer, I'm going to go get ready" Derek explained turning back to the room to get ready to head to the hospital.
Meredith was already ready and figured she'd just wait for Derek and they could go in together.

Derek walks out of the bedroom ready for the day. He grabs a mug and gets his coffee.
The microwave rung and Meredith quickly flung the door open.
"Crap" Meredith muttered as the contents of the bowl sloshed onto her shirt.
"Well I guess you're the one making us late today" Derek laughed. Meredith put the bowl on the counter and walked to the bedroom searching for a new shirt.
Derek laughed as she rummaged through her things.
Derek looks back at the counter which has remnants of whatever Meredith had spilled on herself. He laughs to himself before grabbing a cloth to clean the counter with. Derek moves the bowl to the other side of the counter wiping it down as well. A perplexed look washed over him when he realizes what's in the bowl.

"Mer?"
"Yeah" Meredith says expectantly as she runs through the trailer collecting her things.
"Why are you microwaving your cereal?"
"Oh! I like the cereal softened a bit before I eat it" She smiles taking the bowl from him and hastily trying to eat her breakfast.
"Soggy?" Derek asked watching her gobble down the cereal not bothering to grab a spoon.
"Yeah I guess you could say that" Mer shrugged.
"That's gross"
"No it's not"
"Yeah it is"
"Have you tried it?"
"Yes Mer everyone's had soggy cereal and everyone's hated it"
"I don't"
Derek just shakes his head in shock. Who liked soggy cereal?!
He's snapped out of his thoughts by Meredith yelling at him from the door.
"You driving today?"
"Yeah sure"

Meredith got in the passenger seat watching Derek as he sped down the highway.
"Ya know you can slow down we aren't going to be late"
"I know"
"So why speed-" Mer is cut of by the sound of sirens and flashing lights behind them.
"Oh, never mind I guess you can speed because we're going to be late now" Meredith laughs as Derek pulls over.
"You are so stupid"
"I'm going to miss a surgery-"
"Yeah yeah poor you...Bailey's going to kill me"
"Try not to talk so much when the officer comes around" Derek rolls his eyes watching the officer come to his door.

"Hello sir- Dr. Shepherd?"
Derek smiles at the officer.
"Late for a surgery?" The officer asked.
"Yup, emergency" Derek says.
"Oh, well then by all means continue on" The officer says simply walking back to his car and driving off.

"Really?!"
"I saved some of his buddies, when they came to the hospital and what not" Derek shrugged getting back on the highway going significantly slower.
"So what emergency did you get paged in to huh?"
"A big one! Some crazy women was microwaving her cereal"
"Is that so? And they need you why?"
"They think she definitely has a Neuro problem I mean why else would someone microwave cereal"
"Hey!-"
"Oh don't worry Mer, I got the staff to get them a CT so they're ready before I get there, thanks for the concern though"
"Huh, well I got paged into an emergency to, some idiot was speeding for no good reason and ended up crashing, yeah the crash killed a couple people, now I got to go help the ones who did survive"
"Ok that's was too far"
"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know the fake emergency had rules"

The rest of the drive to the hospital had been silent. They got the hospital and quickly got changed into they're scrubs.
"Grey you're late, how do you expect to stay in this program if you're always late"
"Sorry Dr. Bailey, I-"
"Save it Grey, you're on scut"

Meredith nods leaving an angered Bailey at the nurses station.

_________

"Finally!" Derek grunts getting up from his uncomfortable place in the waiting room chair.
"Sorry, I was on scut" Meredith mutters walking out of the hospital.
Meredith decides to drive them to Derek's trailer as Derek can barely keep his eyes open long enough to get to the car.
"Derek I'm going to stop somewhere to get us some food" Meredith announces driving around looking for somewhere they can pick up food from.
"Mer we can't always eat out-"
"Are you cooking dinner? Because I'm not"
"Can I get a milkshake"
"Sure, why not..."
"Derek! Hey! Wake up, what do you want to get?"
"Just get what I usually get" Derek groaned tryin got go back to sleep.
"Alright whatever"
Mer recited they're order to herself seeing they were almost next in the drive through line.

She recited they're order and to her dismay still stuttered. Derek laughed as she stumbled over some parts of the order. He received a playful hit to the shoulder. Once she's done saying they're order she rolls the window up.
"You still practice your orders?" Derek laughs sitting up straight in the passenger seat.
"Yes" Meredith says feeling slightly embarrassed. She didn't think he had been listening to her.
"Don't be embarrassed it's cute" Derek gives her a reassuring smile.
"Social anxiety doesn't seem cute"
"Ok maybe not, but I'm trying to make you feel better accept it"
Mer rolls her eyes playfully going to the window and paying for their meal.
They get their food and Derek immediately starts eating some of the fries.
"Hey!"
"What? I'm not eating from your bag" Derek scoffs.
"I'm starving and your eating" Meredith says getting onto the freeway to the ferry.
"Well you can eat to-"
"I'm driving"
"You have two hands"
"No I have no hands I don't drive like some crazy person like you"
"I don't drive like a crazy person I just don't drive like a grandma, here" Derek brings a fry to her mouth. She graciously accepts.
"Thank you"
Meredith and Derek laughed together listening to some music and eating while they drove through the dark mostly empty streets.
"Mer?"
"Yeah"
"I-" Derek's cut off by a loud screeching sound, the. Everything went black.

____________________
*BOOM* Tragedy 😈
Did I just use the laziest way to get them back together?? Well maybe.