Part 2

At Mer's Mommy's house
"Derek if we are going to start over we need to take this slow" Meredith says before things escalate.
"I can take things slow" Derek says kissing Mer's neck.
"We're taking it slower than that" Mer corrects.
"And slow means no sex, because?" Derek ask clearly upset that slow meant no sex for him. :(
"We started with sex last time and you seen how that tuned out" Meredith explains to the clueless brain surgeon. There is a brief silence almost in remembrance for the tragic death of their sex life.
"I want to be bright and shiny" Meredith says breaking the silence. Derek smiles at the remark and gets out of the bath, as they only have an hour or so to get to work.
Meredith realizes she is running late and runs down the stairs, this is a bad idea as she trips over a step and rolls down the remainder of the steps.

Meredith's POV
Derek got paged so he left quickly after we got out of the bath. I was tired and didn't feel like going into work I had a bad feeling. I pondered this feeling for way to long as I ended up practically late. I rushed down the stairs after looking at the clock only to trip and fall down half the stairs. Talk about a great way to start of my new bright and shiny lifestyle.
I get up and quickly realize my arms all sorts of fucked up. I mean it's turning different colors and it's twisted funny. Luckily Izzie's home so I have her look at it only to confirm what I already knew, my arm was fucked up.
Seattle Grace (still Mer's POV)
I arrive for work 10 minutes early and quickly run to the interns lockers. I struggle to get my scrubs on but finally get them on.
Cristina, George, and Alex all seem to notice my arm at the same time, "Mer what happened?" They all echoed worriedly looking down at my arm. I look down at my arm and shrug. Izzie just mutters "Mer fell down like half the staircase". Mer glares at her and as she's about to say something Dr. Bailey walks in to rally her interns for rounds.

Dr. Miranda Bailey's POV
I walk into the lockers and like usual my interns are standing around looking stupid. I quickly call out their assignments for the days so they know where to head after rounds. As we are walking out I glance at my interns purple, green twisted up arm.
"Dr. Grey what the hell happened to your arm and have you got that checked out?"
Her intern just stood there and quietly said that she had fell, but she didn't answer her other question although she was sure she knew the answer.
"And did you get that checked out Grey?"
Meredith shook her head so I sent her off to get it checked out. Interns how stupid can they be I mean anyone could have looked at her arm and knew it should be checked out, I guess not Grey. No never Grey she planned on waltzing around with her arm looking like someone had dismantled it.