6

Weekend passed by and Ten was happily walking his way to the university. He just finished his sketch a while ago, just a few hours of sleep and more coffee was enough for him to stay awake, hopefully. He could've finished it last night but he remembered he needed to do a homework.

Ten went pass by the gates and made his way to the field where he'll meet Taeyong there. But his eyes went to Yangyang who was going their department. He ran up to him and held him back by pulling his shirt from behind.

"E-Eh, Ten!" Yangyang scolded.

"Come with me! We still have half an hour before class," Ten said and pulled him.

The boy sighed, "Alright. I still need to work on my sketch."

"Do it there. I'll introduce you to Taeyong--"

They stopped on their tracks when Ten was about to bump Johnny accidentally. Yangyang felt horrified just seeing the tall guy with a plain expression. Johnny's rest face is really scary for most but Ten has a smile on face when he saw the man.

"Hey, Ten," Yuta greeted.

Ten waved, "Hey, guys. Going to classes already?"

"We're stalling...I'm Jaehyun, by the way. And this is Sicheng, if you haven't met him."

"Hi, hi! This is Yangyang. I'm sure Johnny knows him," Ten uttered, looking back at the tall guy infront of him.

Jaehyun nodded, "Surely, he does."

"I'm not wasting my time with a hybrid. I'll go ahead," Johnny said.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you later, Johnny. I hope you're feeling good," the hybrid said.

The man raised an eyebrow at him, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm just concerned."

Johnny didn't say anything and walked away from them. Ten sighed.

"It's hard to make friends with him. He hates hybrids," Yuta said.

The hybrid chuckled, "I can see that. I'm trying to understand him a bit."

"It'll take a long time," Jaehyun commented.

Ten nodded, "I know and I'm willing to wait. Anyway, I'll see you guys around."

They bid their byes and went their own ways. Yangyang kind of became deaf upon hearing Ten wanting to understand someone like Johnny. Why would someone be so nice to a person who did bad things to at the first week of school?

"I know it's surprising for me wanting to understand that asshole but I knew he just feels lonely, that's all," Ten explained, although Yangyang hasn't said anything.

"His walls are up to any hybrids, Ten. It's impossible," Yangyang said.

The hybrid shrugged, "There's nothing wrong with trying."

They arrived at the field and saw Taeyong seated on the chair with a table, writing something on a notebook. Ten and Yangyang sat down, Taeyong jolting in the process.

"Hey, Tae, this is Yangyang, the guy I have been talking about," Ten introduced.

Taeyong smiled at the boy infront of him, "Hi, I'm Taeyong. You saved this guy from his boredom."

Yangyang chuckled, "I tried talking to him to stop him from sleeping in class all the time."

The hybrid scoffed as he opened his bag and pulled his sketch book to do more polishing, "I don't sleep in class always."

Taeyong looked at Ten's sketch and wasn't surprise about how amazing it looked. His friend always had pretty sketches and paintings ever since they met. Arts major is just right for him. He looked at Yangyang's and thought he, too, was born with talent.

"I sacrificed my sleep for this and it's not even my finals project," Ten uttered, sketching his work and refining the lines.

"Same. I have my anatomy quiz today and I have to ace this," Taeyong said.

"Don't worry, you'll ace it," Yangyang cheered.

The hybrid chuckled, "I sure hope so. I'll rage and lock myself in the dorm if I failed."

"I guess I would do the same if I failed my major quiz if I'm trying to get a high marking," Yangyang commented.

"I would...motherfucking kill the person who will ruin whatever I did after I sacrificed my sleep and games for it," Ten uttered, "And I'm serious."

"Has someone done that to you?" the boy asked.

The hybrid chuckled, "If someone did, I would in jail by now, Yang. Kidding aside, I'll stop being with that person if it happened--"

Then silence came in as Taeyong and, Yangyang felt and looked horrified because of what happened so suddenly. Ten's eyes widened, his jaw falling open as he just watched his beloved sketch getting stained by coffee because of someone spilling it. He felt speechless and his heart breaking just seeing all his hard work getting stained.

Ten suddenly stood from his chair and turned to push Johnny hard as much as he can but of course, he can't.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

Johnny threw the cup behind, "Woops, sorry."

Ten furrowed his eyebrows, his hands becoming fists and his teeth gritted, "That motherfucking took me three sleepless days, asshole!"

"And it took me three seconds to ruin it."

"Hey, that wasn't nice--" Taeyong uttered but was cut off.

"Back off, catnip--"

Ten suddenly punch Johnny on the face, making the man to twitch.

"Don't ever call my friends names! Whatever your reason why you did it, it's stupid! I was already trying to understand you--"

"It isn't your responsibility to snoop at other people's lives. I don't need your empathy."

The hybrid grabbed his bag and his soiled sketchbook. He shoved the book against the man's chest. He didn't want to cry about it so he tried hiding it but it didn't stop Johnny from seeing his teary eyes.

"I hope you're happy."

Ten stormed away, with Taeyong and Yangyang trying to catch up. Johnny was left behind with the sketchbook that its pages were already ruined and was considered useless.

Even though Johnny did what he wanted, a big payback, he didn't feel satisfied or happy about what happened. Just remembering Ten's face, he slowly felt upset and frustrated. He thought hybrids don't show emotions--just hatred and ignorance.

Guess he's the reason why.

A/N: i almost forgot to update *skull head emoji*

Love lots ♥