17

Ten became a bit busy this time of the week. He needed to do several sketches and even essays to do. It was quite a handful but he never forgets about Johnny. Now that a long quiz was announced, he needs to atleast make the man be ready for it. The thing he is hoping for is a good score from him.

It was also his way of reviewing for it so it's a win-win situation. Though, he's getting burnt out from all the projects he's handling every night. He wasn't a person who crams, unless it's the only option, so he does it all night to keep himself in track. He tried doing it as good as possible, not wanting his hardwork go to waste.

Well, speaking of Johnny, they're quite doing good this week. They've been on truce and has a normal acquaintance relationship Ten's been looking for. He wondered what will happen to them after the semester.

The hybrid stretched his arms out and groaned. He removed his glasses and rubbed his tired eyes. He looked over the clock on his study table and saw how late it was, for him, already. It was eight minutes before one in the morning. Good thing it's weekend today.

He hasn't finished his sketch due on Monday though.

"Should I sleep?" Ten asked himself and rubbed his face.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated that was on the bedside table. Ten reached out for it as he was confused who would call him at this time of the day. It could be Taeyong or Yangyang...

Or Johnny.

"Johnny?" Ten said confusingly, though his heart skipped a beat upon seeing the caller's ID.

The ID "jackass" turned into "grumpy" since he remembered grumpy from the movie 'Snow white' and Johnny doesn't smile that much.

It took Ten some time before he accepted the call. His heart kept beating oddly. It happens whenever he's with Johnny these days. The hybrid got fond of seeing the man around that he started wanting to be around the giant often. Was it weird? Yes. It was very odd for Ten.

"Hey, you called early," Ten said jokingly in a soft tone, not wanting to disturb the people inside the house.

"I didn't expect you to be awake at this kind of time."

"I was doing something..."

"Was I disturbing you?"

"No...No, of course not. Do you need anything?"

Johnny hummed, "Nothing much. I just impulsively called you."

Ten chuckled, "You want to talk to me?"

"Well...I couldn't sleep."

"Bothered about something?"

The hybrid turned his lamp off and gets comfortable on the chair. He wrapped his hands with the sweater sleeve with his free arm hugging himself. His knees up against his chest as he talked to Johnny on the phone.

"...Is it normal to feel lonely?"

Ten hummed, "Of course. There's nothing bad about it. I feel lonely at times too."

"The difference of you and me is the presence of family."

"Johnny, a family doesn't have to be a cliche kind. A father, mother or siblings aren't always the only ones that should be called as family. You have friends, don't you?"

"I just can't bother them."

"Bother me anytime then. Just like this. I want to know how you feel. Talking about something can make things lighten up a bit...I'm actually glad you came up and talk to me. I know our first meeting wasn't the best but I know we're starting to warm up to each other...And it seems weird but I do like talking to you, Johnny."

"...Guess I'm just really having a hard time trusting people."

"You mean, trusting hybrids."

"I don't know...I mean, I trusted myself to you so..."

Ten could "hear" a small smile creeping on Johnny's face just from the tone he heard on the phone.

"I'm the only hybrid who can deal with someone like you."

"And I'm the only man who can deal with a hybrid like you."

"Besties," Ten teased.

"Still a no, kitten."

"What? We're literally soulmates, hotshot."

"Eh, I don't think so."

"Wait, changing the topic. About the long quiz next week--"

"I can handle myself."

Ten pouted, "You're doing that again."

"What do you mean 'that'?"

"That attitude. If you really need help, I can always make some time--"

"I'm not listening, Ten."

"Johnny!"

"I can review by my own. I'll just surprise you with my score."

The hybrid sighed, "I'm nervous about that."

"Trust me."

"Do you promise to study in sober mode?"

"Sober? I don't know."

"Johnny..."

The man chuckled, "Of course. Duh, I'll even be sober on quiz day."

Ten pouted, his heart insanely fluttering because of the chuckle.

"Promise?"

"I don't like promises."

"Whatever. I'll just give you the best of luck."

"No motivations?"

The hybrid rolled his eyes, "A kiss from me. Do you want a kiss?"

"Nevermind."

"...You better pass that."

"Yes. I don't want to disappoint you."

The amount of development Johnny had wouldn't really make Ten disappointed. All the efforts he has seen from the man for the past months was something he was proud of.

"You won't disappoint me. I know that."

"...Can you keep the call on?"

Ten hugged his knees, "Yeah...I'll still be up to finish this sketch. Don't find it weird if I start talking to myself."

"I won't."

What the hybrid doesn't know was the man scrolling through the gallery of his camera. A gallery of stolen shots of Ten.

"Good night, Johnny."