22

Ten felt worse than before as days go by. After what he said at Johnny, his days went quiet and unbothered. The late-night texts and calls went missing, either those everyday teasing and laughs were all gone. He didn't know if he was drunk that day or he just didn't know what to say at that moment.

He was just really scared that the man might tell him that things won't work like that between them, that's why Johnny wanted to talk.

The hybrid never found him ever again. They never saw each other even though Ten tried several times to find and talk to him. He never had the courage to pick up his phone to call or text him. Ten thought that Johnny had enough of him.

"When do you think he'll show up...?" Ten asked, looked really upset.

"Didn't you tell us that you told him to leave you alone? Wish granted, princess," Yuta said.

"I-I didn't mean it! I...I was out of my mind, okay? How would I respond after what happened? That's why I want to talk to him...I want to make him understand. I don't want this kind of treatment. It hurts me...but I hurt him first..." Ten covered his face with his palm.

"I'm sure he'll come around soon," Taeyong said.

The hybrid looked at his friend with devastation in his eyes, "You might've forgotten that he's not talking or showing up to me for weeks now, Taeyong."

His friend nodded, "R-Right..."

"Look, if you really want to see him, make a serious move," Yuta uttered, "Simple as that. Johnny isn't the kind of person who doesn't like closures--Well before you came."

Ten pouted with ears down, "I'll think of something. Thanks for the idea, Yuta."

"It's weird to hear someone who likes Johnny," Sicheng teased.

The hybrid blushed furiously, "P-Please don't tell him about it! I don't want him to know it yet!"

"We'll give that responsibility to you," Jaehyun said.

Ten sighed, "But I don't want to ruin whatever we have right now..."

The hybrid's fear was the man staying away from him because he has feelings for him. Isn't it everyone's fear? Fear of being left alone when you already fell. Ten wasn't asking for anything. He won't be asking Johnny to catch his feelings. As much as possible, he just wants to be with Johnny. It felt impossible but it's what Ten wanted.

"Overthink after you confessed," Yuta advised.

"I don't like that..." the hybrid said.

Yangyang reached up for Ten's hand, "There's nothing to lose. Would you rather get rejected by confessing or live your whole in regret for not confessing?"

Ten was an impulsive person. He say things when he wants to then thinks about it after he says it. It wasn't something to be tolerated but it could be helpful. Hopefully, he'll be able to say everything to Johnny sooner or later.

He badly wants to see him.