11

"So, how was tutoring?"

Ten hummed, "He was oddly calm. Like, very...very calm."

Taeyong chuckled, "Don't you like that? You also made a deal so maybe he actually gave up and just sucked it up."

The hybrid shrugged as they walked around the university grounds. Johnny was still the annoying guy, he's still the same but he was less expressive and more controlled. Ten did stop trying to be annoying as well, just a little anyway.

It wouldn't be fun if he stopped teasing him.

"I thought he's in a good mood," Ten said.

"Or he's being moody. There will be days he'll be an asshole then there will be days he'll be quiet," the hybrid said.

"Could be, could be. Hopefully, he wouldn't burst out his anger at me."

Taeyong scoffed, "Because both of you will headbutt each other."

"Exactly."

"Well, on the brightside of this whole thing is the big chance of both of you being friends. You want to graduate without any problems, right? Enjoy college with peace. Make friends with your enemies."

The hybrid nodded, "Enjoy college, huh? That's why you decided to have a boyfriend now. What happened to friends before hoes?"

"It's still friends before hoes! Also, he's not yet my boyfriend," Taeyong said and pouted.

"Not yet my boyfriend my ass! I bet you two already had your makeouts," Ten wiggled his eyebrows at him with a teasing smile.

Taeyong blushed but furrowed his eyebrows, "I'll zip your filthy mouth, kitten!"

"Hey, don't call me that!"

"What? Johnny's the only one who can call you that? That's very kinky of you, kitten."

Ten rolled his eyes at his best friend before he stopped walking when he heard Taeyong squealed. He looked behind him and saw Jaehyun hugging Taeyong from behind, maybe all too suddenly. His hybrid friend clicked his tongue and blushed furiously.

"What the heck, Jung?!" Taeyong nagged.

Jaehyun laughed, "Good morning, sweetheart. Oh hey, Ten."

Ten frowned, "I hate sweets in the morning."

"Get used to it."

The three of them walked towards the usual table they've been hanging out on. Ten saw Johnny with his head down, seemed like taking a small nap, and made a quick decision to take a seat beside the man. And he did.

Johnny jolted and looked beside him then he saw Ten. The hybrid looked back at the sleepyhead and gave him a small smile. He grabbed his drinking tumbler with coffee in it and gave it to Johnny.

"You might want to stay awake, sleepyhead."

The man shook his head and sighed. Ten looked at Johnny's friends, trying to ask them if they know what happened but all he got was shrugs. Ten frowned but he didn't know that Johnny just couldn't sleep after having the worst night he ever had of his life.

Johnny badly needed someone but he didn't know who. He lived alone in his house and all he could do was stare at the ceiling.

"You good?" the hybrid asked in a soft tone.

The man didn't reply. He just grabbed his bag, stood and walked away from the table, leaving Ten's question unanswered. The hybrid looked back at the others with a confused expression.

"Did I say anything wrong?! I'm trying to be friendly here! He's being a douche," Ten hysterically said.

"He's like that sometimes," Sicheng uttered, "It's best to leave him alone if he acts like that."

"Yeah...asking him if he's fine ticked him off, maybe," Yuta added.

Right, he doesn't want to be pitied.

The hybrid sighed, "So, I did say something bad."

"Don't worry, he'll come around when he's fine," Jaehyun said, trying to cheer up the hybrid.

"Don't you think he needs someone? Like just a companion?" Ten asked.

"Johnny never liked someone who gets too much into his safe place. Let the man be. You don't want to get into a fight again, do you?" Yuta answered.

Was it normal to feel the urge of breaking someone's walls?

For Ten, it is certainly not. He should be minding his own business, shouldn't be feeling any responsibility or even not give a shit about it. Though, it wasn't the case. Ten, perhaps, just felt the want to break the wall. Johnny seemed to be worth wasting time for.

"Hey, I should be going. I don't want to get late for my class," Ten said, "I'll see you guys."

"See you around, Ten," Taeyong uttered.

The hybrid waved at them before he jogged towards the arts department. He thought about bringing out his phone and he just had to unconsciously text Johnny. Ten wanted to slap himself but he did want to give the man some time.

To: jackass

it's ten

today is cancelled, get some rest

you look wasted

"Ten."

The hybrid looked up to see who called him and saw Yangyang.

"Hey, I thought you'd be at class at this hour," the hybrid said and started walking with the boy.

"Had to meet up with someone. So, how was taming the lion?" the boy asked.

"Losing my mind because of him."

"Oh, no, don't tell me--"

"Whatever you're going to say, it's the opposite."

"You don't even know what I'm going to say."

Ten sighed, "Is it normal to be worried about...someone you hate?"

Yangyang looked back at him, "Why exactly?"

"Same question. I don't know why and it's fucking weird," the hybrid uttered.

"Look, no tease but maybe you just care--"

"I don't like him!" Ten said defensively.

Yangyang furrowed his eyebrows, "I'll bring you back to highschool! Like and care are different!"

The hybrid pouted, "I don't know why. Do I really care?"

"If you don't, then what else? You feel like that for fun?" the boy sarcastically said, "It's impossible to get attached in just a month."

"I don't know!"

"Oh my god, Ten!"

A/N: side ships won't be much evident on the next chapters...i think,,,

i already drafted all chapters a month ago so i'm not sure HAHSAHSHASHAHA

anyway, thank you for reading!! although i was late :D

Love lots ♥