12

That afternoon, Ten decided to go home after class. He didn't receive any text from Johnny so he should just go and disturb Taeyong in the dorms. Or just go and do his assignments early than the due date. He'll pretty be much occupied with that all night.

Ten walked out of gates and down the sidewalk. He has his hands holding his bag's strap, kicking a rock as he walked by the pavement. His eyes wondered but landed at the car by the parking lot at a convenient store nearby. He looked at the man seated on the driver's seat and stopped when he realized it was Johnny.

The hybrid grabbed his cap and put it on as he jogged towards the car. He carefully crossed the street and was able to make it. Ten walked towards the passenger seat to look through the soft black tinted window and confirmed that it is Johnny.

Johnny doesn't know that the hybrid was there. He was just busy drinking beer as he was thinking deeply. He just jolted when he heard someone knocked on the window by the passenger seat. He looked and surprised to see Ten with a sweet smile on his face.

He furrowed his eyebrows at him but the hybrid pouted, asking if he could go in. All Johnny did was to lock the door.

"Johnny!"

It felt weird to hear the hybrid call him by his name. It made Johnny tense a bit. But looking at Ten pleading, he sighed and just had to let him in to make him stop. Ten opened the door and sat down before he closed the door.

"Tell me you didn't skip classes to get drunk," the hybrid said.

Johnny shook his head, "Fortunately, I didn't. What do you need anyway? You're the last person I wanted to see today."

"But will be the first person you'll run to when things are a bit too much."

The man looked back at him but confused at what the hybrid just said. Ten didn't say anything, he just grabbed a can of beer in the paper bag next to him and opened it, almost freaked out when it fizzed up. He wasn't really used to drinking but he does it occasionally. He then looked back at the man who was staring at him.

"What?"

"Stay away from my business," Johnny uttered, looked away and took a sip on his beer.

Ten hummed, wrapping his skinny hands around the cold beer can, "I am, but I just want you to know that you can share your business to me. You can't always keep the burden inside."

"Why would I tell my feelings to a hybrid?"

"I'm not a hybrid."

The man looked at him with eyebrows furrowed, "I'm not in the mood to play with your jokes."

"No, really. You can stop hating me if you stop looking at me as a hybrid."

"I'm not stupid."

Ten adjusted himself on the car seat, his body facing at the man and took a sip on the beer.

"I didn't say anything like that. Look, I'm not any hybrid you've been with, alright? You should stop generalizing us," the hybrid said.

Johnny scoffed, "I don't know if I should believe in that."

Ten sighed, "Okay. Let me know why you hate us."

"You really think I'll just answer you that easily?" Johnny asked.

"I just want to know."

Johnny didn't answer him and all Ten could do was to just leave. He just wanted to atleast make some progress to get the man's trust. Well, Johnny's a hard one to crack. It took Ten some time before he decided to go.

"Alright...I should go then."

The hybrid unlocked the door but before he could open it, Johnny spoke.

"Don't look at me like I'm fragile and in need of help. I don't need any assistance. You're just a hybrid I came across with, and nothing more."

Ten's grip on the handle tightened, "It's fine if you hate me because I'm a hybrid. What I can't accept is you hating me for the things I didn't even do."

Johnny stayed silent. He just heard the door of his car opened and slammed shut. He shuts his eyes and sighs.

The hybrid, on the other hand, kept his annoyance in as walked down the sidewalk. He didn't even bother looking back at the man. Maybe he's really wasting time to understand someone who is stubborn to the core. The only thing that's keeping them together is the damn tutor sessions.

Ten gulped down the beer but hissed, not used to the weird liquid going down his throat. He didn't finish the can and threw it in the trashcan. He might get scolded by his mother if he smells like liquor.

He took a deep breath, calming himself down and forget about Johnny.

"Motherfucking ungrateful ass."

A/N: this story has 29 chapters, by the way, so it'll be a long run :)

also, we're dealing with long black haired ten here if u guys want to imagine ;)

thank you for reading!!

Love lots ♥