Chapter 21

Everything hurt. Every part of his body ached. he felt as though he was on fire yet drowning at the same time. He was stuck in an empty room. White walls surrounded him. A simple door stood at the other end of the box. He tried to reach out and grab the door opening it. The sounds of a crying man and a comforting voice echoed throughout the empty room. He slammed the shut and fell to his knees crying. 

~~~~~

Tony sniffled quietly as he sat next to Peter, stroking his hair. It had been over a month. Sam and Wade still came to see Peter as soon as they came back from school and would tell him about everything he had missed. There was no sign from Peter. His heart rate remained steady and he hadn't moved since they had found him. 

Every time Tony saw the boys pale face he was filled with worry, concern and dread and would break down sobbing. Huge bags had began to appear under his eyes as he hadn't slept in weeks. Everyone in  the tower was growing increasingly more concerned for the man. He would drink 5 cups of coffee a day and would snap at anyone who spoke to him. The only person who could get him to calm him was Stephen but even with the begging and please for Tony to rest he refused. 

Peter's injuries were healing quickly thanks to his enhanced healing and his body was left littered in scars that wrapped there way around his body. He looked so peaceful as he slept. As though he didn't have a trouble in the world.

~~~~~

Peter had attempted to open the door again today. He was met with voices talking to him. He recognized those voices but he couldn't tell why. He couldn't remember anything. He didn't even know his own name. The voices were talking animatedly about their school day. Peter tried to open his mouth to respond to at least open his eyes and look at them but felt as though his eyelids and lips had been sealed with cement. 

The pain he felt was fading slowly and now felt more like many pins tingling over his body. He sighed as he stared into the empty void behind the door listening to everything that the two outside were saying, a small smile playing on his lips. He liked listening to the two. He didn't understand why but it felt like someone singing him to sleep, so that's what he did. Sleep. 

~a week later~ 

Peter hadn't shut the door for over a week. He wanted to just walk out of the room into the void below. He couldn't see anything beyond that door. It was just darkness stretching on for light years. 

He heard a voice that he recognized. It was the voice of the man who visited the boy daily. He recognized that voice. It always made him feel safe and secure although the man was always crying and speaking with a hoarse voice. 

Peter reached an arm through the door frame and suddenly coldness gripped his arm and he tried to tug it back but it was stuck. He was stuck with his arm outside the safety of the warm room. He couldn't pull it back. He couldn't move. He began to cry when the man's voice suddenly made him snap upwards and listen to what he was saying. 

"Come back to me Peter, I miss my son. Please come back" He heard through choked sobs. Suddenly Peter began to cry for a whole other reason. Was this man his dad? He choked back sobs and suddenly felt dizzy. He tried to grab the door frame to stable himself but suddenly felt himself fall but not back into the room. No. He was falling into the void. He screamed and suddenly felt his eyes snap open and his lips move apart from each other. 

He saw a face staring down at him a look of shock on his face. Suddenly a loud piercing sound filled his ears and he tried to tune it out and ignore it before he realized that he was making that sound. His mouth was open and a shrill scream was exiting his mouth. Peter mouth shut  and he felt his eyes roll up into his head as he fell back against the bed and drifted into a slumber. 

~~~~~

Tony cried softly though these were tears of anger, happiness and confusion. Peter had woken up screaming his head off. His eyes had stared straight into Tony's face as though he had seen a ghost. There was no recognition in his eyes. Suddenly a nurse had ran inside and stabbed Peter was a needle to stop him from screaming. He fell backwards and drifted into a sleep that he had spent so long already in. 

Tony had screamed at the nurse until she was crying softly when Stephen had entered and grabbed Tony and opened a portal pulling him through to their bedroom. Tony started to hit his attacker and pounded against his chest tears streaming down his face before he saw who he was hitting and collapsed sobbing into his husband's arms. 

"I'm so sorry" Tony chocked out clutching onto Stephen's shirt desperately. 

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's okay. I've got you, your safe, it's okay" Stephen whispered to the sobbing man before he carried him to the bed and sat him down pulling the sheets back and tucking Tony in. The man was asleep in seconds having not slept in weeks. Stephen kissed his head softly and began to walk away when he was suddenly pulled back by a still sleeping Tony. He sighed softly before sitting down next to Tony and the smaller man buried his face into the taller's shirt. 

~~~~~

So Peter woke up. Even if it was only for a couple seconds. Well. Hope you enjoyed. Yeah I dunno what to say really. exactly 1000 words.