Chapter 33

"Hey Peter, can I take you out on a walk today?" Wade asked the boy. 

Peter smiled nodding. After so long confined in the tower and garden it would feel nice to explore. 

Wade punched the air excitedly. He had a plan to help Peter get his memory back. He was going to take him to Delmar's. After the incident it had been rebuilt and was back up and running.

The two left the tower together and Wade began to lead Peter around. Peter had a look of excitement and wonder as he took in all his surroundings. 

After a few minutes the two arrived at the deli. 

"Hey Peter, wait outside for a second I'll be right back" Wade said to the boy. Peter nodded slightly confused but listened anyways.

Wade entered the shop and approached the counter. 

"Hey Mr Delmar! So you're probably wondering where Peter has been recently. He was in a really bad injury and has lost his memory, I'm hoping that the best sandwiches in queens can help him remember." Wade greeted the man.

"Oh hi Wade, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll get the usual for the two of you then?" Mr Delmar said. He was worried about the boy but wanted to do everything he could to help him remember.

Wade smiled before leaving the place to go fetch Peter as Mr Delmar began to make their sandwiches.

"Hey Peter, this is Mr Delmar. He makes the best sandwiches in Queens. I was hoping maybe his sandwiches can help you out." Wade explained, introducing the Peter to him.

Now it made sense. 

"Here you go Peter" Mr Delmar smiled, handing the sandwich to him.

"Thanks Mr Delmar" Peter smiled as the two boys payed and left the shop.

The two boys began to walk to a nearby park and sat down on a bench together. Peter was hesitant to try the new food but as soon as he took a bite a wave of happiness ran through him. 

"This really is the best sandwiches in Queens!" Peter exclaimed excitedly. 

"I neio rsuht" Wade said his words muffled by the food in his mouth. 

Peter laughed taking another bite from his sandwich. 

"Wade" Peter suddenly whispered after a few moments of silence. 

"Yeah Peter" 

"I think I remember the Deli. Wasn't there a fire? I remember there being a fire" Peter murmured quietly. 

Wade jumped up excitedly. "Yes! Yes there was! You're remembering!" The two boys cheered shouting excitedly. 

The two boys laughed and danced around excitedly before eventually starting to get tired and deciding to head back to the tower.

~~~~~

Peter lay in his bed thinking. He sighed deeply. He had been lying to Wade when he said he remembered. He had saw on the news about the rebuilt deli whilst he was in the med bay and knew about the fire. 

He couldn't take this anymore. 

The constant disappointment in everyone's eyes when he failed to remember something.

The constant reminder of the fact he wasn't the person they wanted him to be.

At least they had finally let him leave the med bay and get his own room but yet he was still surrounded by memories of a past life he no longer remembered. 

He had to end this. 

This pain.

This hurt.

This loneliness.

This emptiness.

He was a boy born in someone else's body. 

He wanted freedom. 

~~~~~

He was on the roof of a tower. Carefully he crept towards the edge looking down at all the people below. He gulped taking in a deep intake of breath.

No one would notice that he was missing.

No one would care.

That's what the voice inside his head told him.

That's what he believed.

Suddenly, he was falling.

Falling.

Falling.

He prepared himself for impact but it never came.

Someone was holding him tightly. Cradling the boy in their arms. The boy lashed out screaming. Why wouldn't they let him just die. He continued to scream and punch his savior, but the person just held on tighter.

Eventually the boy collapsed giving in. He let out a chocked out sob as he held on to the man. The two held onto each other as though their lives depended on it. Though I suppose their lives really did depend on it.

~~~~~

Beep

Beep

Beep

Peter blinked, slowly opening his eyes. A bright light shone down on him blinding him. He groaned as pain shot through his ribs.

He was suddenly aware of someone's presence next to him and turned to look at them. It was that man. The one who had hurt him. He sighed bracing himself for impact.

That must be why his ribs hurt. He must have hurt him.

"Hey, Peter, I'm not going to hurt." The man sighed. "I would never hurt you" he muttered the last bit.

Peter slowly opened his eyes too look at the man in front of him. He looked like shit. His goatee was long and overgrown and his hair was wild and messy.

"Why am I in the med bay again" Peter asked wearily.

"do you not remember?" Tony asked worriedly.

Peter shook his head. Tony sighed sadly. "That's probably for the best " he muttered softly.

"Please tell me what happened." Peter begged "did you hurt me? Is that why my ribs hurt?"

Tony let a few tears trickle out of his eyes at the thought that Peter believed he had hurt him.

"Peter you- you jumped" He stuttered out trying not to cry.

Peter nodded. He didn't seem shocked or upset.

A few moments passed in silence.

"Why didn't you let me die?" He finally whispered quietly.

That's when Tony allowed himself to cry. Tears flooded his face and his body shook softly.

"I didn't let you die, Peter. Because you're my son and I love you" Tony choked out.

Silence took over the room.

Suddenly a quiet voice came from Peter.

"Mr Stark?" The boy murmured. "Mr Stark I think I remember"

The more he thought the more came back to him. Memories of days spent in the lab with Tony. His friends at school. Everything.

He remembered.

~~~~~

That's it! That's the end of the story. Maybe some day I'll do a sequel but for now I'm going to work on another book. Thank you all for reading. I love you all <3