TEN

"So you're telling me that you paid him without signing any contract?" Jeongyeon asked raising her voice upon hearing Jimin's story of how he purchased the apartment.

"Wae? Do we need to have a contract?" Jimin asked curiously and innocently.

"Pabo! Of course! For your protection! Aigoo!" she sighed and there was an obvious disappointment on her face and on her tone. "Anyway, you said that you withdrew the cash in the bank, right?" she asked looking at him through the front mirror.

He nodded looking back at her. He is lost thinking about his failed transaction. At that moment he wanted to punch himself and it was clear that he is also disappointed at what happened. This is the second time that he was fooled and he is close to believing that he is stupid.

Jeongyeon saw his frustration and she felt the need to somehow comfort him but how?

She then just said, "You need to choose the people whom you'll trust, just like the election, you need to vote wisely 'cause if not, the country will end up in despair just like you right now."

He nodded looking down and Jeongyeon felt worse. She for sure brought him more down but he needs to realize this 'cause this is the reality of life.

To lighten up the mood she then next said, "We can get the image of the dealer through your bank's CCTV. We still have a chance to retrieve the cash so don't feel so down."

Jimin looked up and gave her a closed smile, "I trust you."

"Well you have to but most importantly, you have to trust yourself."

Jimin nodded, his smile gets wider this time. He felt surprised that she is speaking so kind with him now and he is liking it.

They are now on a crossroad, cars stopped as the traffic light is on red. The one hundred seconds started to count down. Silence lingers which somehow sends an awkward atmosphere between them. From Jeongyeon's peripheral vision on the mirror, she can see him still looking at her with a smile. She cleared her throat and Jimin suddenly averted his gaze, now looking out the window.

Silence still envelopes them... 60 seconds more. Jeongyeon turned back to look at him and her eyes landed on his injured right hand and his bruised neck. She was about to ask him about it when all of a sudden, she heard his stomach grumbling.

Jimin felt embarassed holding his tummy. He remembered the meal he cooked and how he craved for it. 

40 seconds left...

"Did you eat already?" she asked.

"Not yet," he answered shortly and avoided her look. 

Jeongyeon started to rev up the engine.

20 seconds remaining... she fidgets her fingers on the steering wheel until the five seconds countdown starts.

Once the greenlight is on, Jimin felt like his soul escaped from his body. Jeongyeon accelerated the speed like they were driving on a race. They were so fast that Jimin held onto his seat, wishing for his dear life not to end in a car crash. They were swaying on the road and he wanted to complain but he stopped himself because maybe, just maybe, she is driving fast so that he could eat as soon as possible. 'Great, she's thoughtful,' he thought sarcastically.

They reached her condominium building safely. Jimin lets out a breath of relief as they hopped off the car. "Aigoo! I'm alive!" He kneeled on the floor and touched the ground. "I'm alive!"

Jeongyeon looked at him with disgust, "You're making a fool of yourself. Get up now and let's go."

"Wait, am I going to stay with you?" he asked.