THIRTY

Taehyung knocked on her window and Jeongyeon opened it.

"I knew it, it's you. I recognized your car. What happened? Why is your car parked in the middle of the road?" he asked with full curiosity. He still has a band aid on at the side of his eye.

"Got a leakage on my gas tank," she replied a bit uneasy.

"You need a tow service."

"I already called for a tow. They will arrive here in two hours."

"So you're going to stay here until eight in the evening? That would be too dangerous for you."

"I am fine. I think I'll be safe here inside."

"Why don't you just come with me?"

She narrowed her eyes on him, unsure of his invitation and Taehyung noticed her look of suspicion so he next said gesturing with his hands, "I mean, I came to visit my prospective location for the new Tata Cafe branch here in Jeolla and I am going back to Gangnam, if you want, you can come with me. I'll drive you home. Don't worry I won't harm you. It would be risky if you will stay here. It's dark and only few cars pass by. You can just inform the tow service to take charge of the car."

"No, I won't leave my car. I'll just wait for them."

"Then I'll join you instead. I won't leave you here alone."

"Just go. I can take care of myself."

"You can? But the other day you were almost harassed."

Jeongyeon just scratched her head. "Just leave me."

"I'll stay," he insists.

She just shakes her head and closed the window as he leans on the side keeping himself busy with his phone. The darkness slowly invades the sky and bugs started appearing. Jeongyeon isn't that bad to just let him stay outside so she opened the window.

"You can stay inside your car," she suggested but he shakes his head telling her, "I am fine here."

She sighed opening the door from the passenger seat. "You can stay here inside."

"No, I am fine Jeongyeon."

"Taehyung-ssi!"

Her stern voice then made him hop inside.
He shuts the door closed as Jeongyeon gets her blanket at the backseat. Her legs are on full display as she is wearing a short shorts. She covered her legs with the fabric and adjusted her seat.

This is awkward but she appreciates his gesture of staying with her as she waits for the tow service. This is the typical Taehyung she knew, a caring person who will always do good for the benefit of others. She thought, maybe the intense emotions he felt overtook his normalcy that's why he was able to do what he did to her last month. She admits that at first she was hesitant and scared of inviting him to come inside. She doesn't know if it's a good idea. Maybe she still has that fear because of what happened but seeing him now calmed and contained, she thought, she has nothing to worry about after all, the Taehyung she knew is a good person. Jimin would for sure seconded that. Though she now feels a bit safe in his presence, she can't still have a normal conversation with him. It still feels awkward.

She keeps herself busy with her phone wondering if she would tell Jimin that she is stuck with Taehyung beside her. For sure he won't be happy to know that. She then chose not to tell him considering the fact that he is in great mood informing her that his prospect agreed with his plan. She doesn't want to distract him. She knows that if she would tell him about this, he would be jealous. He has the right because he is her boyfriend and if she is in his place, she would definitely be in rage knowing that his lover is with her ex in the middle of the traffic-less road. She won't lie to him, she would just not tell him about this.