TWENTY

At the veranda, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon are standing leaning on the hand grills facing the dim view. Quite far from them, they can see Jimin with his Appa having a drink.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and started, "Why are you not sure about what you feel towards my brother?"

Jeongyeon was surprised with her question and it made her so speechless.

"Don't be angry at him but he told me everything. I know that he slept with you sometimes. I know that he spends his meal time with you. I know that you still get drunk because you remember your ex and my brother told me that you are seeing your ex in him... And I am sure, he feels hurt everytime he sees you acting like you haven't moved on because I know that he likes you. I'm not in the right place to tell you that but the fact that he brought you here with us is a sign that you are not just an ordinary girl out there. You are very special to him. I hope you feel that whenever you are with him. Maybe I am trying to convince you to like him back because he's my brother, I want him to be happy but I just want you to realize that he deserves your like... your attention... your time... your love. I hope you see him instead of your ex. I hope you realize that he is Jimin and he's not the person who broke your heart because I assure you, he won't do that to you. He will never ever break your trust and most especially your love," Chaeyoung wholeheartedly and confidently expressed.

Jeongyeon dazed at a distance particularly at Jimin and remembered all the good things he has done to her. Chaeyoung is right, she has been wasting time comparing him with her ex. She then remembered Jimin's words from the night she got so angry when he didn't answer her messages and calls...

"You are supposed to be nothing to me but I hate seeing you like this."

That hit her hard now. That was a big hint that he was starting to fall for her. She was too blind to decipher that because her mind was clouded with the memories of her past love. She realized how unfair she is to him and to herself.

She took a deep breath before speaking, "Frankly, I appreciate Jimin so much. I was thinking if he's just like that, a sweet person but hearing that from you, I can now finally say that he likes me?" Jeongyeon smiled shyly.

"Obviously," Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Thank you for telling me that but I still want to hear it from him."

"Trust me, he tried, several times but every time he tries, he will find you drunk and crying about your ex. He's waiting for you to be ready..."

Jeongyeon felt guilty.

"Anyway, I am curious, how long have you been broken?"

"About a year..."

"You haven't moved on?"

"I don't know. I'm confused."

Chaeyoung just nodded and there was a minute of silence.

Jimin's sister heaved a sigh, "If someday he'll have the courage to confess to you and you accept him, don't break his heart because I am telling you... he will never break yours," Chae said. "Can you promise me that?" she extends her pinky finger and it took a moment for Jeongyeon to intertwine with hers, "I promise."

The two stayed at the veranda as silence envelopes them. After few minutes, Chaeyoung invited her to go back to the bed and they lied back. Chae fell asleep after few minutes while Jeongyeon is still awake contemplating her feelings.

"She's right. I am not letting myself to be happy if I would live in those bitter memories..." she told herself.

She then reminded herself not to reminisce about those times because it ended a long time ago. Those memories should be forgotten and she should start anew.