Chapter 9: Can i?

A/N thanks to @supercorpppp for the idea :) x

Lenas pov (a/n ooo this is new)

Kara and I have been dating for a couple of months now and we've been on a total of 6 dates so far.

****

I made my way down the sidewalk my heels clicking with every step as I approach the building.

I arrived just in time for the bell to ring signalling that the school day was over.

I stood inside the playground waiting for ava's class to come out. I'm only picking her up because kara had supergirl work to do but I didn't mind I love ava.

All of a sudden I heard my name being shouted in a childish high pitched voice; a wide smile made its way across my face as I caught the blonde haired girl in my arms.

"Hi miss Lee Lee" she said excitedly and I laughed taking her hand and starting to walk out of the playground.

"Hello sweetheart how was school?" I asked swinging our arms between us.

She smiled brightly at me.
"It was good! I made mommy a picture and we made boat hats! I learned my 6 times tables and I got to play with my best friend Rachel" she said excitedly bringing a soft smile to my face as she talked about her school day.

"That sounds amazing sweetie" I said softly.

She looked at me and frowned.
"Where's mommy? Is she ok?" She asked concerned which made my heart melt.

"Yes she's fine she just had to finish her work but mommy should be home in a few hours so maybe we could get ice cream." I watched in amusement as her eyes sparkled at the mention of ice cream.

She nodded frantically and bounced up and down making me laugh.
"Ok come on sweetheart" I lead her towards the small ice cream shop.

We walked inside and the man smiled at ava behind the counter obviously knowing her because she's a regular just like Kara.

"Hello dear. Would you like your favourite?" He asked.

"Yes please Mr Stevens" she said politely. Which made me smile.

He then turned to me.
"Hello you must be lena, Kara and Ava talk about you all the time. What can I get you?" This surprised me and I saw the small blush on ava's face making me giggle.

"Cookie dough please" I replied.

He nodded and started getting our orders ready whilst we sat down in the booth.

I looked at my phone noticing a couple of business calls I missed; I'll call them back later. I also had a text from Kara.

I'm almost done supergirl stuff so I'll be home in about a hour xx ~k

I smiled and sent her a quick reply whilst the waiter placed our order on the table.

Ava and I ate our ice cream making small conversation about silly things she would say until she asked me this;

"Hey? Miss Lee Lee?"

I looked up to see her finished her ice cream.
"Yes ava?" I replied

"C...can I call you my mom?" This question made my eyes widen and she quickly assumed that she wasn't allowed.

"I...I'm sorry it's just your like m...my other mommy and your dating my mommy so I thought I could! I...I'm s...sorry" she stuttered out.

I held her hand across the table and she looked at me with glossy eyes making me immediately guilty.

"Is your mommy ok with this sweetie because I don't want to hurt her feelings" I explained softly and she nodded.

"I asked mommy and she said to ask you to see if you would be ok with it..." she trailed off and I smiled.

"If your mommy's ok with it then yes you can call me your mom too" I smiled.

"Yay" she cheered.

We walked out of the ice cream shop after paying for our ice cream and made our way to Karas apartment.

*****

I opened the door and saw Kara sitting on the couch watching tv, she looked up when she heard us and smiled holding her arms open to ava; who immediately cuddled into her mother.

"Hi sunshine. What did you do today?" She asked motioning for me to sit down; which I did.

She kissed me on the lips quickly and turned her attention back to ava.

"Well I learned my 6 times tables and I made a picture for you! I got to play with Rachel at recess today; then after school mom took me to get ice cream" she said excitedly.

Kara smiled at ava when she called lena mom.
"Ok sweetie why don't you go put your backpack in your room"

Ava nodded and ran off.

Kara turned to me.
"Are you ok with her calling you mom? Because I asked her to ask you and I'm not sure if she did... if not it's ok-" I cut her off before she could start to ramble more and looked at her smiling.

"Of course it's ok Kara. I love ava like she's my own daughter and I'd love it if she called me mom... I said it was ok"

Kara smiled at me and kissed me again; she hugged me a little to tight.

"Kara. Super. strength." I spluttered out and she immediately let go.

"Oh rao I'm sorry lena I forgot!" She said with a concerned face and I laughed.

"Dork" I muttered

"Hey!" She protested