Chapter 12: I love you

I held lenas hand as we walked to the park with Ava.

"Mommy! Mom! Come on your being so slow" Ava whined, she turned around and walked backwards but smiled when she saw her mother's were holding hands.

"We're coming sunshine. You can run ahead if you would like just be carful" I replied back.

She nodded and ran off towards the park.

"How was your day today?" Asked my beautiful girlfriend.

I looked over at her and smiled.
"It was good. Nothing much was really happening in the city but I put out a fire, and that was pretty much it since I had the day off with Ava" I explained.

"What about you?" I asked.

She smiled and started to explain to me about this new sciency thing that I didn't really understand, but I showed interest because I love watching how her eyes light up whenever she talks about something she's passionate about.

After she finished talking we arrived at the park and I lead us over to a bench where we could still see Ava.

I looked over at lena and saw her already looking at me and I blushed. I placed my head on her shoulder and we sat in comfortable silence.

I then decided to break that silence.

"Hey Lena?" I said to get her attention.

She looked away from Ava and to me.
"Yes baby?"

I smiled softly.
"I love you"

Her face broke out into a wide smile and she cupped my face and our lips met.

Our lips moved together until we broke apart and she placed her forehead against mine.

"I love you too" she whispered.

And we both had wide smiles on our faces.