Chapter 2: Ava

(5 years later)

I now live in national city, I became a superhero called supergirl. Like my cousin. Nobody knows about Ava (my daughter).

She has powers now and every once in a while she would show up in my apartment.

I had to fly her back to janes house, I hated leaving her but I can't look after her she's better off with Jane.

I have a reporters salary because I work at CatCo world wide media.

I also work at the deo, but I don't get payed for that. Because I didn't become supergirl to get rich and famous I became her to help people.

Ava knows I'm supergirl and she knows not to tell anyone, she doesn't go to school either. Jane homeschools her.

I visit her almost everyday, I love spending time with her but every time I try and leave she cried which breaks my heart.

Currently I'm in lenas office having lunch with her, I really like lena like as more than a friend but she sees us as best friends and I don't want to ruin that.

We do flirt all the time but it's just playful flirting and nothing serious has happened between us.

While I'm talking to lena I get a call on my phone and I see it's from Jane.

"One second I need to answer this" I say to lena.

"Ok" she nods and I answer.

Kara Jane
"Hello?"
"Kara. She flew off again"
"Shit"

I hang up the phone.

"Kara is everything alright you never swear" asks lena.

I look over to her and see concern on her face I nod and gather my things.

"Just supergirl things I need to go sorry"

She looks a little disappointed but tries to cover it up.

"It's ok. Up up and away" she giggles, oh rao I love her giggle.

"Bye lena" I shout before flying off her balcony in my super suit.

I fly to my apartment and she's not there, I fly around the city until something hits me.

"Mommy!"

I turn around and Ava flys into me.

"Hi Ava. Sweetie we talked about this you can't go around flying. And you can't come here" I said picking her up in the air and resting her on my hip.

"I missed you are you angry?" She said. My heart fell to my chest.

"No sunshine I'm not angry. And I missed you too but mommy was coming to see you later" she nods and rests her head on my shoulder.

I fly her back to janes house and we sit and talk about how she can't fly around because someone might see her. She nods and says she understands.

I stay for a couple of ours and then fly back to my apartment.

Once I get to my apartment I change into some shorts and a tank top.

I watch Netflix on my couch till about 11 pm and then I go to bed.

I'm woken up by a knock on the door, I look over towards my clock and see it's only 4 am.

I groan and slide out of bed, I walk towards the door and the person knocks again I forgot to x-ray but as soon as the door opens I get hit by someone. Oof.

"Mommy!" I look to see Ava with a lady and a police officer.

"Hi baby... what's going on?" I asked the woman.