Chapter 1: That night

"Eliza please let me go, everyone at school is going!" I said clearly already getting frustrated with the situation.

I mean why can't I just go, it's not like I'm going to get drunk. Nothing will happen to me I have superpowers I can defend myself!

"Fine"

"But why can't- wait did you just say yes?" I asked turning my head around from the living room to watch Eliza in the kitchen.

"Yes but you have to be home by 11. And Alex is going with you" I hear Alex groan from upstairs, she must have been listening.

I run up and give Eliza a side hug, she grunts as I run into her.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I won't do anything stupid I promise"

"Good now go get ready" she said.

I nodded and ran upstairs to mine and Alex's shared room.

"Great now I'm stuck by your side all night" I heard Alex mumble under her breath.

"You forget I have superhearing and you can go off with your friends I don't mind and I'll just meet you at the car at 10:30" she nodded and turned over on her bed to face the wall.

I started to look through my closet for something to wear.

I settled on a nice two piece, it was pink and the top was a crop top with straps and a matching skirt that stops a little above my knees, I also matched it with some light grey flats.

"Come on let's go" I shouted to Alex from the bathroom while I was fixing my make up.

I heard her groan and get off her bed, she stomped downstairs and I heard the door slam.

I ran downstairs and grabbed my bag with my phone and some money in.

"Bye!" I shouted to Eliza and Jeremiah as I slammed the door.

I walked over to Alex's car and opened the passenger side, I slid in and closed the door.
Alex played her music on the radio all the way there.

We parked outside the house and walked in together, Alex saw her friend's and walked over to them.

I made sure to turn my kryptonite bracelet on so I didn't accidentally reveal myself.

I made my way to the drinks in the kitchen where I saw a couple of people most of them were in the garden or already drunk considering it was 9 pm already.

I grabbed a drink and walked around the house when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry I didn't see you are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah yeah fine sorry as well" he nodded and I saw him smirk but I shrugged it off.

*******

I felt a little strange so I went and sat on the stairs, I felt like I was going to fall over or be sick.

I heard someone coming up the stairs so I moved over to the side to let them past but instead they sat next to me.

"Hi again, are you ok? you look sick" he pointed out.

"Yeah fine... I think. I'm Kara by the way" I said looking over towards him.

He had brown hair, brown eyes and freckles.

"Marcus Matthews" he said.

"Look it's a little loud here wanna go somewhere quiet because you look like your going to throw up"

I nodded and he helped me up, I thought he was just being a nice gentleman.

We walked into what looks like a guest bedroom and he helped me sit on the bed, we talked for a while and he asked why I was here because I am a little younger than everyone else because most people here are 18-19 and I'm 17.