Chapter 11: Birthday

"Lena I ordered the cake. did you get the decorations?" I asked while on the phone with my girlfriend

"Yes I did honey, and also I bought the hamburgers and hotdogs and of course the buns. Before I leave the store do we need anything else?" She asked.

"No we are good, drive safe I love you." I answered.

"Ok sweetheart love you too see you when I get to your apartment." she said before he hanged up.

Putting my phone down on the counter, turning around to pull out the grill cleaner.

When I heard ava laughing and gigging in her room I smiled; The grill can be cleaned later' I thought as I ran off to play barbies with her.

*****

"Winn can you had me that string." I asked trying to hang up a sign that reads 'HAPPY BIRTHADAY.

"Sure thing kar, do you think you have enough decorations?" he asked as he looked over the living room.

"Winn it's avas very first birthday with me I just want to me it special. Besides all we have is 20 balloons and 34 streamers and one happy birthday sign that should be enough." I said smiling at lena across the room.

I step down from the stool and went over to get more ribbons and streamers.
I turned to walk into the kitchen to check on the cake.

"Ok you're right she only turns seven once" he said as he lifted the lid to see the cake.

The cake was shape like a book open on a chapter.

It was cover with white frosting and pink trimming, in blue frosting there was words spelling out 'once upon a time' and in pink frosting on the other side said' Happy birthday Ava.'

"Is it beautiful, the baker did a great job on it." I commented.

"Yeah they did a good job." Lena agreed walking towards me.

"ok I am going to see if the birthday girl is ready the guest will be here soon." I said as I turned and headed to Avas room.

Entering Avas room she was on her bedroom floor playing with her stuff animals and Barbie dolls.

"Hey Princess are you excited for your birthday party." I asked her.

Turning towards me she got up and run to wrap her arms around my leg.

"Mommy!" She said as she looks up to smile at me.

"Hey sunshine how about we put on our birthday outfit" I asked her

She continued to look up at me with a smile on her cute little face and nodded excitedly.
"Yeah I can't wait for my party!"

I walked over to Avas closet to pull out her favorite outfit.

"Ok sunshine how about you get changed, our party guest will be here soon" I said as I pulled the outfit that we picked out last night.

I waited outside for her to get dressed since she said she could manage herself.

"Ok sweetie lets go into the living room and wait for our guests to arrive" I said as I held out my hand for Ava, we made our way to the living room and I let her watch tv.

After a while I heard a knock at the door so I walked over to answer it.

I saw Alex and Maggie outside as well as Eliza and j'onn.
I invited them in and they gave their presents to Ava but she decided to open them later on in the party.

Another few minutes later there was another knock.
So I opened it again and saw all of avas friends, Rachel, Emily, Dean and Sarah.
I smiled at them and they immediately ran towards Ava.

Lena and I watched the kids in the living room where they played some of the games we had put out.

Everyone was extremely happy when I served the hot dogs and hamburgers.

Soon after everyone had eaten, it was time to for Ava to open her presents, we all sat down on the sofa with the kids all sat cross legged on the floor.

Ava got lot of cute outfits from Eliza and her aunts Alex and Maggie. Maggie also got her a fake plastic gun which she immediately took a liking to, I glared at Maggie for a while but softened when I heard Ava giggling after opening some toys from her friends and Lena and myself.

*****
The kids went back to playing when I got the cake ready.

I let Lena put the candles in the cake I smiled at her and she gave me a quick kiss.

When the cake was brought out and after the happy birthday song was sung to Ava, she blew all the candles out and the cake was cut and served.

*****
All the kids went home with little party bag with little toys and sweets inside.

By the time everyone went home lena, Ava and I were all tired.

So we all cuddled up on the couch and watched a disney movie. Before Ava had to go to bed.