Chapter 14: Beach

A/N sorry it's short but I really like this chapter I think it's beautiful. 2 more chapters left then this story's finished :/

I laughed as Ava started to jump up and down in the sea, lena smiled softly at me and took my hand.

We both started to walk along the beach leaving Ava with my adoptive mother Eliza.

We didn't talk, it was a comforting silence; where we just enjoyed being in each other's company.

The smell of the ocean lingered in the air from where we stood on the beach watching as the sun set.

We stopped walking and Lena put her arms around be holding me from behind.

"I love you" I said sincerely to her; in which she smiled softly leaning down to capture my lips.

"I love you too" she mumbled as she pulled back.

"Hey kar?" She asked and I sensed she was nervous so I took her hand and squeezed it as reassurance even though I don't know what she is nervous about.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"So I figured this would be the perfect place to ask you this question because I wanted to be cliche. I've been thinking about this for a while. Ever since you walked into my office with Clarke I haven't been able to get you off my mind, ever since that day I've always loved you. Your amazingly talented and brave with what you do everyday saving the city. And your so exceptionally beautiful. I love your bubbly personality and I especially love how your smile lights up a room. And I would love it if you would become my wife..."

At this point I was crying, I honestly didn't expect this and of course I wanted to become lenas wife. Ava already loves her and calls her mom.

"So Kara Zor-el Danvers will you marry me?" She asked getting down on one knee and pulling out the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.

I nodded my head quickly because I was literally speechless; she smiled brightly at me and slid the ring on my finger.

I placed my hands on her neck and pulled her down for a passionate kiss, where I poured all my emotions in.

Our lips moved in sync and her arms slid around my waist holding me closer to her.

We both broke away from the kiss and just stood there holding each other whilst we watched the waves mix with the colours of the sunset.

And I've never been happier.