Chapter 8: Eliza

I walked towards the door of my apartment and placed the key in the lock, I was surprised to find it unlocked but shrugged it off; it's probably alex.

I opened the door and walked into the apartment shutting it once I was inside.

I turned my attention to the people inside, I saw Alex sat on the couch with a sheepish and expression and Maggie trying to act serious but failing miserably.

"Hey guys what's up?" I eyed them suspicious.

Alex looked towards Maggie who just smirked making me raise a brow.
She turned back to me.
"Come sit down."

I frowned but did as she said and sat next to her.

"Now Kara don't be mad-" I cut her off.

"What did you do Alex" I asked becoming more and more concerned.
She winced as I raised my voice.

"Well- I... Um... mom may be coming to visit and she's going to want to stop by your apartment which means...." I caught on to what she was saying and glared at her.

"I haven't told mom about Ava, Alex!" I rose my voice and noticed Maggie grinning; she's probably happy with all the drama going on, it's like a damn soap opera.

Alex winced again.
"Yeah but it's not my fault you know I can't stop mom from coming to see us! Besides this gives you the perfect chance to tell her." She explained and I saw her point but I'm mad at her.

"How long till she gets here?" I questioned.

She smiled sheepishly and I glared at her knowing we didn't have much time to plan anything.

"Tomorrow" she whispered but I heard her and I squeaked in surprise.

Maggie opened her mouth to say something most likely sarcastic and not at all funny so I pointed at her.
"Shut up"

She huffed.

"Alex! For god sake!" I exclaimed.

She smiled innocently and grabbed Maggie's hand quickly sprinting out of my apartment before I lost my temper.

I groaned and flopped down on the sofa.

*****

Ava came through the front door with Rachel's mother dropping her off.

I got up and walked over.

"Thank you so much for bringing her back from school Angie" I said kindly.

She grinned at me.
"No problem Kara I'll see you next week" she grabbed Rachel's hand and they waved goodbye to ava.

"Come sit sunshine" I told Ava softly.

She sat with me on the sofa and grabbed something from her bag.
"Look mommy I made this for you. It's a picture of me, you and miss Lee Lee" she said excitedly.

I grabbed it and smiled softly.

(A/N i know it's bad I used a template from internet then did the colours on Snapchat lol it's so bad but it's meant to look like a kids drawing *shurg*)

I placed it on the seat next to me deciding to put it on the fridge later.

"I love it sunshine I'll show lena! Your a real artist" I complimented the small blonde, she giggled and I pulled her into my side. She immediately hugged me.

"Someone is coming to meet you tomorrow" I told her; becoming nervous thinking about it.

"Who?" She asked tilting her head adorably.

I smiled.
"Your grandma, her names Eliza she's my adoptive mother" I explained.

"Yay! I get a grandma!" She exclaimed bouncing slightly next to me.

I laughed, "yeah you do"

She stopped bouncing and I looked at her and frowned when I saw a nervous look.
"What if she doesn't like me?" Ava asked timidly.

"Sunshine, she will love you... nobody could ever not love you because your so adorable and you light up a room whenever you walk in" I smiled.

Her face brightened and she hugged me tightly using super strength but I didn't mind because she can't hurt me.

******

I heard the knock on the door, I quickly x-rayed to see Eliza standing outside.

I ushered Ava into her room and told her to stay there till I called her name.

Walking over to the door I straightened my glasses and opened it.
"Hi Eliza" I said softly motioning her to come in.

"Hello Kara I've missed you" she smiled hugging me which I returned.

After we sat down and talked about small things for about 10 minutes it was time for the serious and dreaded conversation.

I made sure to tell Ava to not use her super hearing so she wouldn't hear us.

"Eliza" I said nervously.

She eyed me curiously.
"Yes?" She asked confused.

I gulped and decided to tell her everything.
"I need you tell you about something that happened a couple of years ago... and I didn't tell you because I was scared and ashamed but I'm ready to now" I smiled a little and she motioned for me to continue.

"Remember that one party I went to and you had Alex take me" I asked her slowly and she nodded thinking about how weird I had acted that night.

"Well something happened to me there" I felt tears coming to my eyes making her concerned.

"It's ok you can tell me anything" she said softly taking my hand.

"I-I was drugged and t...this guy called.... marcus..." I spat his name with venom and her eyes widened. "He took a.advantage of me he r...r...raped me" I told her sniffling and she pulled me into her arms, I clung to her as I cried.

After I calmed down she pulled back and put her hand on my face cupping my cheek.
"I hope you don't blame yourself for that Kara. It wasn't your fault, you couldn't have prevented it... he was a evil, disgusting human being ok sweetheart"

I nodded and took a deep breath.
"That's not all...." I trailed off.

She waited patiently for me to continue.
"I um... I was pregnant" she gasped.
And I saw her eyes fill with tears.

"I kept the baby... well kind of, a friend helped me look after her and she lived with the baby and I would visit.... I didn't tell anyone until recently when my friend died and my daughter came to live with me"

I saw her eye the apartment and she noticed the subtle hints that a child lived here like the drawings on the fridge and the small barbies in a box in the corner.

"Do you want to meet her?" I asked after the didn't say anything for a while.

She smiled softly at me and nodded still a little overwhelmed.

"Ava" I called and immediately a small blonde child ran to me and stood in between my legs looking at Eliza curiously.

Eliza looked at the small child who looked to be about six or seven; and she fell in love with her immediately.

She smiled softly.
"Hello I'm your grandmother" she spoke and I watched as Ava walked towards her and hugged her surprising Eliza but she hugged back.

"Hi I'm ava!"