Chapter Nineteen - Taking A Stand

As the Day of the Golden Dawn took it's course, Itachi and Kisame along with Deidara and Sasori continued their way to UA as fast as they could. They could see the chaos down bellow Deidara's clay bird.

Deidara: Wrath's really doing a number on this place. Hhm. 

Itachi: At this rate, it won't be long before Wrath marches on UA. 

Deidara: Don't sweat it, Aizawa. We're almost there. Here's a little present to keep those shadow things occupied. 

Deidara then formed several clay bombs from his hand and dropped them on the city, wiping out portions of Wrath's shadow creatures. However, this would only delay them for a short time. As they reached UA, the Akatsuki members rushed inside UA. 

Kisame: Looks like Wrath hasn't showed up yet. 

As Kisame said this, Principal Nezu's voice is heard on the intercom. 

Nezu(Intercom): Attention all students and staff! This is Principal Nezu! UA is under attack! I repeat, UA is under attack! All students are to be escorted to the Sports Festival Stadium to take refuge in response to this attack! 

Sasori: I need to get to the Support Lab. Something tells me I'll need all my puppets for the fight ahead. 

Deidara: I'll back you up. 

With that, Sasori and Deidara began making their way to the Support Lab to get Sasori's puppets. Itachi and Kisame decided to search for Class 1-A as Wrath and his army marched closer to UA. Soon enough, Itachi and Kisame caught up with Aizawa and Class 1-A who were on their way to the Sports Festival Stadium. Upon seeing Itachi, Yaoyorozu ran to Itachi and hugged him.

Yaoyorozu: Itachi! I was so worried about you! When I heard the broadcast and the explosions, I...

Itachi: It's all right, Momo. I'm here. 

Aizawa: What's going on out there?

Itachi: It's Wrath. He's launched a full scale invasion on the city. He on his way to UA as we speak. 

Aizawa: How much?

Kisame: Let's just say Wrath is making the attack on the USJ look like a small skirmish. 

Suddenly, explosions were heard nearby. Itachi activated his Sharingan to see the Disciples of Wrath entering UA. He also saw Shadow Creatures surrounding the school. 

Itachi: It's the Disciples of Wrath. They've here. Jirobo is among them. 

Kisame: Looks like they sprung him out while we were occupied. 

Itachi knew full well that if the Disciples of Wrath were here, then Wrath wouldn't be too far behind. With Wrath's Shadow Creatures surrounding UA, escape was now impossible. 

Itachi: We're boxed in. There's no way out. 

Kisame: Sounds like a fitting place for a last stand. Sharkskin is getting rather hungry. 

Itachi knew of the dangers that were heading their way. Itachi used his Sharingan to survey the area. While the Shadow Creatures surrounded UA, the path to the Sports Festival Stadium was clear. 

Itachi: Dad, the path stadium is clear. You shouldn't encounter any resistance. 

Aizawa: What about you?

Itachi: Kisame and I will stay here and confront the Disciples of Wrath. Deidara and Sasori will aid us. 

Aizawa: I don't like leaving you alone. 

Itachi: I know, but there's no other choice. You need to make sure the class gets to safety. Too much is at stake. 

As Itachi said this, Aizawa found himself in a difficult position. While he felt obligated to escort his class to safety, he also felt that he had an obligation to stay and fight alongside his son. Itachi could tell that Aizawa was contemplating staying behind. 

Itachi: I know you want to protect me, but Class 1-A needs you more than I do. As their teacher, you have to lead them safety. I'll be fine. 

As Itachi reassured his father, Aizawa felt proud of his son while also expressing serious concern for his safety, knowing Wrath would be after him. 

Aizawa: Just be careful, Itachi. 

With that, Aizawa began leading Class 1-A to the Sports Festival Stadium. Itachi and Yaoyorozu locked eyes with one another as they were separated once more. 

Kisame: This ought to be interesting. How long do you think it will take for Integra to arrive with reinforcements. 

Itachi: I don't know. Even if they don't arrive at all, we have to hold the line no matter what. 

Kisame smirked as he gripped Sharkskin. He lets out a chuckle as they prepared for a fight. Itachi continued to monitor the movements of the Disciples of Wrath. Soon enough, the Disciples began to split up.

Itachi: They're splitting up. 

Kisame: Divide and conquer?

Itachi: More than likely. 

Kisame: You know, we might actually die here. We're outnumbered with no way out. Knowing Wrath, he might not be interested in taking prisoners with you as an exception. 

Itachi: Are you getting sentimental, Kisame?

As Itachi said this, Kisame couldn't help be laugh. 

Kisame: I knew you and I were going to get along well. Despite our differing personalities, we compliment each other. If I had to die alongside someone, it would have to be you. It's been an honor fighting with you, Itachi Aizawa. 

Itachi: The feeling is mutual, Kisame Hoshigaki. Fight well. 

With that, the mutual respect between Itachi and Kisame was on full display. They prepared for a fight against the Disciples of Wrath as the Day of the Golden Dawn rages across the city. Itachi knew full well that the battle ahead wasn't going to be easy, but Itachi was ready to take a stand. In that moment, the Siege of UA had begun.