Chapter Seventeen - Zero Hour

As the Day of the Golden Dawn draws near, Nagato gathers the Akatsuki to discuss how to best prepare for it. In the Akatsuki Compound, all of the Akatsuki have gathered in the command center. 

Nagato: We have a dangerous situation on our hands.

Kisame: Another dangerous situation? Well what else is new? Seems like all we deal with are dangerous situations. 

Itachi: Is it about Wrath?

Nagato: I'm afraid so. We ran another interrogation on Jirobo. All we could get out of him was that the Day of the Golden Dawn is upon us. 

Konan: Based on Jirobo's words, it's already happening. 

Upon hearing this, Itachi was deeply troubled about this. He had no idea what Wrath was planning. Every investigation they have conducted has brought no information on Wrath's whereabouts. 

Itachi: You couldn't get anything out of Jirobo?

Nagato: No. All attempts to interrogate him have proven ineffective. But now we're run out of time. 

Deidara: What about Integra? Doesn't she know about what's going on?

Konan: We've informed her of what was coming. She's in the process of sending agents to help us, but it might take time. 

Nagato: And time is something we don't have. 

The gravity of the situation took hold of the Akatsuki. They knew the Day of the Golden Dawn was coming. Suddenly, the TV in the room cuts to static. 

Hidan: Can someone shut off that goddamn TV?! 

Kakuzu: Unbelievable...

As Kakuzu moves to turn the TV off, the face of Wrath appears on the screens. This catches the attention of the Akatsuki. 

Wrath(TV): Citizens of Musutafu. I am Wrath. As of now, the Day of the Golden Dawn is upon your society.

As Wrath says this, explosions were heard outside the compound. It was clear to everyone that Wrath was indeed responsible. 

Wrath(TV): I have been away for a long time. In that time I was away, I was building a powerful force the likes of which no one has ever seen. With your Symbol of Peace gone, Hero Society shall know my wrath. I will march into Musutafu and lay waste to it. To the Heroes who intend to stand and fight, no mercy will be shown. I will unleash the most powerful force known to man. I will strike you at your weakest. I will conquer. The world as you know it will burn. And from the ashes of the old world shall rise a new one. This is your only warning. This is only the beginning. A new world is upon us. I shall the one who will usher this world. There is no hope. To hope is equivalent to giving up. Hope is the biggest deception of all. I am Wrath. The Day of the Golden Dawn is now upon you. 

As Wrath finishes his speech, the TV cuts to static. The Akatsuki rush outside to find the city in chaos. Several buildings were flattened as shadow creatures swarmed the city. 

Itachi: It's Wrath's Quirk! 

Kisame: Well this just got interesting! 

Hidan: Yes! Yes! Lord Jashin! Hear me, Lord Jashin! Today shall be a glorious day for you! I will deliver you a bountiful of worthy sacrifices!

Itachi looked upon the chaos with shock and horror in his eyes. His plays back the day Wrath murdered his mother. What he was witnessing now was tenfold the carnage of that day. 

Itachi: We need to stop Wrath!

Nagato: We need to hold the line until reinforcements arrive! At this rate, all the Pro Heroes in the city won't be enough to stop this invasion! 

As the invasion was underway, Itachi's thoughts fell on Yaoyorozu and Aizawa as well as his classmates of Class 1-A. 

Itachi: UA! That's where Wrath will send the bulk of his army!

Nagato: Itachi. You and Kisame take Deidara and Sasori to UA. There's a good chance that Wrath himself might be there. If he's still after you, then you could still be in great danger. 

Itachi: We'll need to get there quickly before Wrath's army reaches UA.

Deidara: That won't be a problem, hm. 

Deidara then forms a giant clay bird using his Quirk. Itachi, Kisame and Sasori got on the clay bird with Deidara as it took flight. Nagato and Konan along with Kakuzu and Hidan made their way to the city. Meanwhile in his cell, Jirobo sees the Disciples of Wrath approaching his cell. 

Jirobo: Well you took your time. 

Tayuya: Be grateful we came for you at all, lard ass!

Jirobo: Now that's not very ladylike. 

Kimimaro: Enough. Jirobo. Did you tell our enemies about our plans?

Jirobo: None at all. I just caught Wrath's speech. 

Kimimaro: Yes. The Day of the Golden Dawn has begun. Sakon. 

Sakon walks over to Jirobo's cell and frees him. As Jirobo exits his cell, he smirks to himself. 

Jirobo: Now that's more like it. 

Kimimaro: We have much work to do. The Day of the Golden Dawn is Lord Wrath's dream. We will ensure that his new world becomes a reality. We have been directed by the highest authority. The symbol of heroism is UA. Lord Wrath shall fight with us. We will reduce UA to rubble and all who stand against us shall fall before Lord Wrath's might. Now we have much work to do. 

In that moment, the Disciples of Wrath converged on UA to enact Wrath's endgame. In that moment, the Day of the Golden Dawn had begun. All of Hero Society was in grave danger.