Chapter Twenty Nine - The Final Battle

As the battle against Obito turned against him, Itachi desperately attempts to press the attack. Despite his best efforts, the combination of both Obito's Sharingan and his Shadow Quirk proved too much for Itachi. As the fight dragged on, Itachi was on his last legs. It was only a matter of time before he was defeated or killed. Soon enough, Obito had Itachi at his mercy. 

Obito: You are beaten, Itachi. It is useless to resist. Do not let yourself die as your mother did. 

Angered by Obito's words, Itachi lashed out at him, but Obito beats him back. 

Obito: You are merely delaying the inevitable, Itachi. Join me and we can build a better world. 

Itachi: I'll...I'll never join you! 

Obito: Then you will die. 

As Obito moved to finish Itachi off with his Shadow Quirk, the shadows suddenly break apart in his hands. Curious, he turns around to see Aizawa standing before him. 

Aizawa: Stay the hell away from my son!

Obito: Shota Aizawa. You have interfered in my affairs for the last time. 

Aizawa: I don't care who you are and what your plans are, I'm not letting you put your filthy hands on my son!

Obito: Such fatherly dedication. Where was this on the night Yumi was killed? 

Aizawa: I already know what you're trying to do. You're trying to goad me into fighting on your terms. It won't work. 

Obito chuckled as he stepped away from Itachi and confronted Aizawa. 

Obito: I see you have your Erasure Quirk activated. An impressive Quirk. But I know it's weakness. How long will you be able to keep your eyes open? 

Aizawa: Long enough to take you down. 

With that, Aizawa readied his Combat Scarves and attacked Obito. Meanwhile, Yaoyorozu managed to sneak past Obito and reach the injured Itachi. 

Itachi: M...Momo? 

Yaoyorozu: It's okay, Itachi. I'm going to help you. 

Without hesitation, Yaoyorozu puts Itachi on her shoulders and begins moving him away. Back at the fight, the deactivation of Obito's Shadow Quirk made this an even fight. However, Obito glanced behind him and sees Yaoyorozu attempting to move Itachi away. 

Obito: Not so fast!

Obito then grabs Aizawa by the throat and throws him to the ground. This causes him to blink, deactivating his Erasure Quirk. Obito then directs his attention away from Aizawa and moves to attack Yaoyorozu. Aizawa attempts to wrap Obito with his Combat Scarves, but Obito dodges the scarves using Kamui. He then attacks Yaoyorozu. Yaoyorozu then uses her Creation Quirk to form a Staff. 

Yaoyorozu: I...I won't let you hurt him!

Obito: Foolish girl. You meddle in affairs you cannot comprehend. 

Suddenly, Aizawa attacks Obito from behind. Yaoyorozu then attacks Obito with her staff. For e brief moment, Obito was on the defensive. However, this was short lived as Obito regains the upper hand. He grips both Aizawa and Yaoyorozu with shadow tendrils manifested from his Quirk. He then begins to slowly crush them to death. 

Obito: None shall stop me from bringing about the Day Of The Golden Dawn. I am this world's salvation. 

As Obito slowly kills Yaoyorozu and Aizawa, Itachi slowly recovered from his injuries. He looked up to see Obito in the process of killing both his father and the girl he loved. Time seemed to slow down as Itachi's mind fell back to the day his mother died. As that day played back over and over again, Itachi felt a fire lit up inside of him. A fire that spurred him on despite his injuries. 

Itachi: (No....not again! Not like this!)

Meanwhile, Obito was just about to crush Aizawa and Yaoyorozu when the shadow tendrils break apart, releasing Aizawa and Yaoyorozu. Obito turns to see Itachi standing.

Obito: I see you still have some fight in you. 

Itachi: Your Quirk is deactivated for 30 seconds. 

Obito attempts to use his Sharingan, but was unable to. 

Obito: What?! Impossible!

Before Obito could react, Itachi summons one of the arms of his Susanoo and attacks Obito. Obito was unable to defend himself as Itachi attacked him with everything he had. When the 30 seconds passed, Obito regained the use of his Quirk as well as his Sharingan. But the damage was done as Itachi unleashed a powerful assault on Obito. As Obito was on his last legs, he lashes out. 

Obito: I AM HUMANITY'S SAVIOR! I WILL BRING TRUE PEACE TO THE WORLD!

Itachi: Humanity doesn't need a savior like you!

As Obito charges at Itachi, Itachi activates his Tsukuyomi, trapping Obito in his illusion. As Obito finds himself in the Nightmare Realm, he chuckles. 

Obito: You think this will stop me?

Obito attempts to break free of the illusion, but was unable to. The form of Itachi looms over Obito. 

Itachi: You are in my world now, Wrath. Now you will answer for your crimes. 

As Itachi says this, he finds himself under attack by swarms of crows. Amidst these swarms of crows was Itachi. As Obito was beginning to get overwhelmed, the form of the late Yumi Uchiha stood before him. Behind him was Itachi. 

Itachi/Yumi: Your time has come, Wrath. 

Itachi and Yumi then attacked Obito with blinding speed. Obito was unable to defend himself as Itachi and Yumi dealt the final blow and took him down. Back in reality, the illusion broke and Obito was incapacitated. As a result, all of Obito's Shadow Creatures broke apart. In that moment, the battle was over. The Day Of The Golden Dawn was finally over.