Chapter Twenty Three - Revelation

As Wrath revealed his fact to Itachi, Itachi keeps his guard up while processing Wrath's face. The man that stood before Itachi had short, spiky, black hair. The left side of his face was heavily scarred. As the two locked eyes with one another, Wrath chuckled.

Itachi: Who are you? 

Wrath: I was once known as Obito.....Obito Uchiha.

As Wrath revealed his name, Itachi was shocked. To hear that the man who killed his mother and hunted him relentlessly shared the same name as his deeply shook Itachi to his core. 

Obito: We are not related...directly. We are merely fragments of the great Uchiha Clan. The Sharingan is the symbol of our clan. 

Itachi found himself unable to respond to Obito's words. Itachi's mind once more fell back to the day Wrath killed his mother. Only now, it was Obito's face he saw. 

Obito: What happened to Yumi was....unfortunate. Once, she shared my visions. 

Itachi: That's not true! My mother would never have gone along with this madness!

Obito: But she did, Itachi. In fact, she was the most dedicated to my cause. But when she gave birth to you, it was as if her heart had changed. It wasn't long before she abandoned the plan and tried to hide you from me. For a while, she was successful. But you know how that story unfolded. 

Itachi was at a loss of words. To hear that his own mother was once a faithful servant to Wrath deeply shook Itachi. 

Obito: The Day Of The Golden Dawn is this world's salvation. It will create Heaven from Hell. Your mother understood this once. This is your destiny. 

Itachi: People are dying! You call this good?!

Obito: It is....necessary. No great thing comes without sacrifice. For the world to become a utopia, the old world must be reduced to ash. Wherever light strikes, there will always be shadows. So as long as there is a concept of victors... the vanquished will also similarly exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace initiates wars. And hatred is born to protect love. These are all nexuses, causal relationships that can't be separated. But a world of just victors, peace and love...such a world can be created too. That is the Day Of The Golden Dawn. You could help save the world from itself. Your Sharingan can forge Heaven. Join me, Itachi. Help me create Heaven from Hell. 

Obito reached out to Itachi to once more try to turn him over to his side. In that moment, Itachi was bombarded with information. Not only did he learn the identity of Wrath, but he learned that his own mother had once served Obito in his plans to unleash the Day Of The Golden Dawn. 

Itachi: (Mother.....)

Itachi's mind soon fell back to the night of his mother's murder. 

Itachi(Past): When I grow up, I'm gonna be the best hero around! I'll use my Quirk to protect others and defeat villains!

Yumi: I have no doubt you'll be a great hero! But now it's time for bed. It's late now and even heroes need their sleep!

As those words echoed in Itachi's mind, Itachi was overcome with various emotions. The revelations that Itachi learned left a profound impact on him. As Itachi was overcome with such emotions, he thought about the words spoken to by those close to him over the course of his journey. 

Aizawa(Past): Here's the deal kid, I'll help you train to get better. We'll take down Wrath, but we're gonna do this as heroes, not avengers.

His thoughts soon fell on the promise he made to Yaoyorozu after the Sports Festival.

Itachi(Past): When my mother died, I made a promise that I would never let anyone close to me die like she did. I would die before watching the people close to me die by Wrath or anyone else. But I promise you this, Momo. As long as I breathe, I won't die!

As those words echoed in his head Itachi found the strength to carry on. Itachi stood tall and confronted Obito.

Itachi: When you killed my mother, I made a promise that I would never let anyone close to me die like she did. I would die before watching the people close to me die by you or anyone else. But I promise you this, Wrath. As long as I breathe, I won't die!

As Itachi maintained his convictions, Obito appeared annoyed. 

Obito: How disappointing, Itachi. Like your mother, you fail to see the bigger picture. But you will be made to see the truth. One way or another, you will see the truth. There is no such thing as hope! The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up, a word that holds no true meaning. There is no such thing as peace in this world, that is reality. And reality is like this grand river, no matter how hard one tries to stop it, reality will swallow them whole and mercilessly crush...but there is one way to escape from this suffering....the Day Of The Golden Dawn. 

Itachi: Prepare yourself, Wrath. This ends here and now!

In that moment, Itachi prepared to battle against Obito once more. Itachi knew that this fight would take everything he had. Despite Obito being more powerful than him, Itachi would not give up. He would not allow Obito to win. No matter what happened, Itachi would defeat Obito and end the Day Of The Golden Dawn no matter what.