Chapter Fourteen - The Cultural Festival

On the day of the Cultural Festival, Class 1-A prepared for their performance. As they got into their costumes, Kisame wasn't impressed. 

Kisame: Well...this isn't what I had in mind. 

Itachi: The costumes don't matter. As long as we play, the costumes shouldn't be a problem.

Kisame: I guess your right. I wonder what the other classes have in mind. 

Itachi: I have no doubt that Sasori and the rest of the Support Class will do some kind of demonstration. As for Class 1-B, your guess is as good as mine. 

With that, the Cultural Festival had begun. Class 1-A was up first. Jiro felt nervous standing in front of such a large group, but the encouraging smiles from her classmates calmed her down. Soon enough, Class 1-A began the song they have put tremendous amount of time and effort in. Itachi played a technical Blues type solo while Kisame played a fast Metal inspired solo. Despite being vastly different, the solos Itachi and Kisame played seemed to compliment each other. In the climax of the song, Itachi and Kisame played a duel Guitar solo. They played to the amazement of the crowd. Yaoyorozu watched this with tears in her eyes while playing the keyboards. When Class 1-A finished the song, the entire crowd cheered. 

Jiro: THANK YOU, UA! WE ARE CLASS 1-A! 

As the crowd cheered, Itachi and Kisame walked to the center of the stage and bowed to the crowd along with the rest of Class 1-A. 

Kisame: Well that was fun! 

Itachi: I think everyone thinks the same way. 

With that, Class 1-A had amazed the crowd with their musical performance. Up next was Class 1-B's play. Deidara's role was recast as the Dread Pirate Roberts who was a brother to Juliet played by Yui Kodai and best friend to Romeo played by Monoma. It was a performance for the stage play Romeo, Juliet and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Return of the Kings. In one scene, Juliet and Monoma had confronted the Dread Pirate Roberts who they believed was responsible for the murderer of their beloved Westley. He had just rescued them from the dreaded Count Paris wo was played by Tetsutetsu.

Monoma(As Romeo): We know who you are! Your cruelty reveals all!

Kodai(As Juliet): You're the Dread Pirate Roberts! Admit it!

Deidara(As Dread Pirate Roberts): With pride. What can I do for you?

Kodai(As Juliet): You can die slowly, cut into a thousand pieces!

Deidara(As Dread Pirate Roberts): Oddly complimentary, your highness. Why loose your venom on me? 

As the scene kept going, Itachi and Kisame talked quietly amongst themselves. 

Kisame: Well I'll be. I didn't think Deidara had it in him. 

Itachi: Kendo must've somehow convinced him to take part in...this. I doubt he would've done this willingly. 

Kisame: They really are just a couple of lovebirds, aren't they? Just like you and Momo. 

Itachi rolled his eyes as they kept watching. Soon enough, Romeo and Juliet continued to confront the Dread Pirate Roberts about the supposed murder of Westley. 

Kodai(As Juliet): On the High Seas, your ship attacked! The Dread Pirate Roberts never takes prisoners!

Deidara(As Dread Pirate Roberts): I can't afford to make exceptions. I mean once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people will begin to disobey and then it's nothing but work work work all the time! 

Monoma(As Romeo): You mock our pain!

Deidara(As Dread Pirate Roberts): Life is pain! Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell something. 

Kodai(As Juliet): Do not dare mock the memory of my brother! I died that day! And you can die too for all I care!

Kodai then pushes Deidara off the fake hill. As he rolls down the hill, he gives an unconvincing response. 

Deidara(As Dread Pirate Roberts): As you wish!

Kodai(As Juliet): Those words...Westley!

Kodai as well as Monoma began rolling down the fake hill. The play afterwards was just one cliché after another. After the play concluded, it was time for the Support Course to demonstrate their new inventions. Hatsume demonstrates her her Super Cute Baby – 202, a giant robot suit while Sasori demonstrates his Hiruko Puppet. Both inventions proved to deeply impress the crowd. Sasori then turns to Hatsume. 

Sasori: Hatsume. Would you like to help me demonstrate Hiruko's durability. 

Hatsume: Sure thing! 

Sasori: Watch as Hiruko's durability is unrivaled!

Sasori then enters the Hiruko's puppet. As Sasori speaks from inside Hiruko, the voice becomes much deeper. 

Sasori: You may begin. 

Hatsume: WATCH AND TAKE NOTES!

Hatsume begins piloting the robot suit to attacking Hiruko. It seemed as if Hatsume just crushed her classmate. Much to the surprise of the crowd, Hiruko managed to tank all of the blows. 

Sasori: As you can see, Hiruko's hull is quite durable in the face of such powerful strikes. Nothing less of an atomic bomb will cause as much as a scratch. 

With that, the demonstration from the Support Course was over with the crowd being impressed at the demonstration. It wasn't long before the rest of the UA Classes did their own performances. The UA Cultural Festival was a success. All classes continue to have fun and enjoy the events and attractions of the festival. When the Cultural Festival was over, everyone went back to the UA Dorms. But as this celebration ended, a dark plan was underway. The Akatsuki still had to prepare for the Day of the Golden Dawn. Wrath watched as the Day of the Golden Dawn drew closer to fruition.