Chapter Twelve - A New Undertaking

After the internships with the Akatsuki, Itachi and Kisame went back to class at UA. Itachi was still disturbed at what Wrath was planning. Itachi and Kisame began to converse about what had happened. 

Kisame: So Wrath's planning something big?

Itachi: Unfortunately. We couldn't get much information from Jirobo. All we know is that Wrath is planning something soon. 

Kisame: The Day of the Golden Dawn?

Itachi: More than likely. We'll have to be prepared for when that day comes. 

Before Itachi and Kisame could continue their conversation, Aizawa entered the classroom. As soon as everyone got seated, Aizawa made an announcement. 

Aizawa: UA will be hosting it's annual Cultural Festival.

Upon hearing this, most of Class 1-A was excited. Itachi however was concerned mainly because of Wrath. Kirishima soon gave his opinion. 

Kirishima: Is it really a good idea to host this thing with all the Villains running around?

Kisame: Well I never thought I see the day where you turn into the cautious one. 

Aizawa: Easy there Hoshigaki. Your concerns are valid, but the Cultural Festival is important to not only this class, but to all the other classes of UA. Rest assured that there will be heavy security. With that being said, this class will be selecting a program to perform it.

With that, most of Class 1-A began suggesting ideas for what the program should be. It soon became clear that the class was unable to come to a decision. Aizawa had a way to combat this. 

Aizawa: If you cannot decide on what to do for your program, you'll have to do a lecture. 

With that, Aizawa laid out his ultimatum. As the class continued to throw out suggestions, Kisame turns to Jiro.

Kisame: Say Jiro, how many instruments you got in the dorm of yours?

Jiro: Plenty. Why?

Kisame: With all those instruments and your...musical know all, maybe our little class could do a little band performance. 

As Kisame suggested that, Jiro was hesitant about this. It wasn't long before the rest of Class 1-A got on board with this idea. 

Yaoyorozu: That's a wonderful idea!

Jiro had doubts about doing a performance as she was embarrassed of her musical hobbies. But seeing as most of the class was on board, she hesitantly relents. 

Aizawa: I can tell that you have a lot of work to do. Go on and plan your performance. Class dismissed. 

As class was dismissed, Jiro gathered Class 1-A in her dorm to plan out the performance. As most of class were picking out their instruments, Itachi eyes a black Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman guitar.

Itachi: Is that a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman? 

Jiro: It is. My Dad gave me that as a birthday present last year. Though I switched to Bass that year as well. 

Itachi: May I?

Jiro: Go right for it.

Jiro then hands Itachi the Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman guitar. After tuning it, Itachi begins to play a Blues inspired riff. As he begins to play, everyone was stunned at how well Itachi could play. 

Yaoyorozu: That was amazing, Itachi! When did you learn how to play?

Itachi: A few years ago. Though I haven't played guitar in years. 

Kisame: It would appear that rust is not an issue, eh Itachi?

Itachi: Would you like to try?

Kisame: I'll dabble. 

Itachi then hands Kisame the guitar. Kisame then begins playing a Hard Rock inspired riff. While Itachi proved to be the more technical player, Kisame held his own. 

Itachi: Not bad. 

Kisame: I'm not as technical as you. Besides, I'm more of a Gibson guy.

Kisame then eyes a Gibson Explorer. He then grabs the guitar and begins to play the same riff. Kisame felt more confident with the Explorer. 

Kisame: Now that's more like it! 

With that, it became clear that Itachi and Kisame were skilled guitarists in their own right. They would be the lead guitarists in the Class 1-A band while Tokoyami and Kaminari would play rhythm guitars. Jiro would provide vocals as well as play Bass. Yaoyorozu would play keyboards while Bakugo would play drums. Mina would lead the rest in a dance number that would go along with the music. With that, they laid out the groundwork for the performance of Class 1-A at the Cultural Festival. After doing so, Itachi and Yaoyorozu began walking back to their dorms. 

Yaoyorozu: I'm excited for the Cultural Festival! This performance has extraordinary potential! 

Itachi: This should definitely be interesting. It's good to see our class united towards a common goal. Not that it wasn't before, it's just to see it so...visible if that makes any sense. 

Yaoyorozu: I'm sure Jiro will lead us in the right direction. She's the most qualified out of all of us to lead this effort. 

Itachi smiled as he placed his arm around Yaoyorozu, causing her to blush. Itachi took a moment to take in this warm moment as he begins to worry about Wrath and his plans. 

Itachi: (I will protect you....I promise.)

Yaoyorozu immediately saw that something was bothering Itachi.

Yaoyorozu: Itachi? Are you okay? Is something bothering you?

Itachi: It's...it's nothing, Momo. I'm just a little nervous about the performance. 

With that, Itachi took Yaoyorozu back to her dorm room. After that, Itachi made his way back to his dorm room to retire for the night. As he laid down on his bed, he reflected on the days to come for not only the Cultural Festival, but also Wrath as well as the Day of the Golden Dawn.