Chapter Twenty Seven - The Cavalry

As the Siege of UA continued, Wrath's shadow creatures continued to besiege UA. While most of the students had been escorted to the safety of the Sports Festival Stadium, it was only a matter of time until UA was overwhelmed. As all this happened, the members of the Akatsuki were facing off against the Disciples of Wrath. In his fight against Kidomaru, Sasori attacked him in his puppet form. The fight soon became a stalemate as despite their best efforts, neither could gain the upper hand on the other. 

Kidomaru: Not bad, puppet master. It seems your Quirk is every bit as powerful as Lord Wrath says. 

Sasori: I take pride in my art. 

As Sasori presses the attack on Kidomaru, Kidomaru fires several web arrows at Sasori. Sasori was able to block the arrows. 

Sasori: Is that the best you can do?

Kidomaru laughs as he prepares to fire another web arrow. As he fires the web arrow, Sasori prepares to catch it. But as he grabs it, Kidomaru closes in and attacks Sasori, blindsiding him. Sasori attempt to fight off Kidomaru, but Kidomaru manages to trap some of Sasori's limbs in webbing. As Sasori attempt to free himself, Kidomaru attacks Sasori with a series of fast paced attacks. During the attack, Kidomaru lands several serious injuries on Sasori. Soon enough, Kidomaru had Sasori at his mercy. 

Kidomaru: You were a worthy opponent, Sasori. Rest assured, I'll see to it that your art is remembered. 

Just as Kidomaru was about to kill Sasori, a bullet is fired and hits Kidomaru's bow, destroying it. Before he could react, D enters the room and attacks Kidomaru with his sword, severing two of his arms. 

Kidomaru: ARGH! Damn you!

As Kidomaru attempts to attack D, Sasori lands a slash on Kidomaru's arm. Immediately, Kidomaru is paralyzed. 

Kidomaru: What the....

Sasori: I've been waiting for the right time to use this. You won't die, but you're not going to be moving for some time. 

D: Good job, Sasori.

Sasori: I trust the others are here?

As Sasori says that, Seras enters the room. 

Seras: Alucard and the rest of the Akatsuki are already moving out. 

As Kidomaru was taken into custody, Deidara struggles against the empowered Jirobo. Deidara throws explosive after explosive at Jirobo, but he is unfazed by it. 

Jirobo: This is pathetic! We both know your little explosives won't hurt me! 

Deidara: Mock my art at your peril! Hhm!

As Deidara throws more explosives at Jirobo, he found himself low on clay. He only had enough clay to make a few small clay creations. The amount of clay he had was not enough to do any damage to Jirobo. Soon enough, Jirobo had Deidara cornered. 

Jirobo: End of the line, kid. 

Deidara: That's what you think. 

Jirobo: Are you dense? Look around you. UA's done. Lord Wrath is gonna reduce this place to rubble. Soon enough, no one's gonna know this place ever existed. No one's gonna care. 

Deidara: You talk too much! 

Jirobo: You got guts, I'll give you that. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll let you have the first one. Take a shot, kid. Take your best fucking shot. 

At this point, Deidara knew that Jirobo was taunting him. Deidara prepared what little clay he had left. Ready to make his stand, Deidara used the last of his clay to create a small dragon. The dragon flies at Jirobo. As Deidara detonates the dragon, Jirobo is hit by a large fireball with enough force to knock Jirobo back several feet. Deidara was shocked at this. 

Deidara: What the....

Before Deidara could react, Kakuzu and Hidan arrived and attacked Jirobo. 

Jirobo: Great. More of Integra's brats. No matter. Time to die!

As Jirobo lunged at Kakuzu, Kakuzu summons all four of his hearts and proceed to unleash a combined blast of fire, water, lightning and wind on Jirobo. The blast immediately knocks Jirobo out. 

Hidan: Goddamn it, Kakuzu! I wanted to sacrificed him to Lord Jashin! 

Kakuzu: Our orders are clear, Hidan. 

Deidara: Just in the nick of time. Hhm. 

As Jirobo was taken down, Kisame was fighting for his life against Kimimaro along with Tayuya, Sakon and Ukon who were all in their empowered forms. Despite his best efforts, Kisame was outmatched. But as Kisame made his stand, help arrived as Alucard along with Pain and Konan attacked the Disciples of Wrath. 

Alucard: Akatsuki! Take down these miscreants! 

As Alucard led Pain and Konan in a charge against the Disciples of Wrath, Kisame falls to his knees, exhausted from his fight. He watched as his fellow Akatsuki members as well as Alucard take on Kimimaro and the other Disciples of Wrath. Konan was able to use her Origami Quirk to not only neutralize Tayuya's Doki beasts, but was also able to take down Tayuya. Pain used his Rinnegan abilities to quickly take down both Sakon and Ukon without much difficulty. Soon enough, Kimimaro was the last one standing. 

Kimimaro: You will not deny Lord Wrath his vision! The Day of the Golden Dawn is this world's salvation! 

Alucard: Poor deluded fool. A pawn of a madman. 

As Alucard insults Wrath, rage consumes Kimimaro.

Kimimaro: I am not his pawn..! He is the one, the only one who ever gave my life meaning!! But how could the likes of you EVER UNDERSTAND THAT?! 

As Kimimaro rushes at Alucard, Alucard promptly dodges his attack and grips Kimimaro by the throat. As Kimimaro attempts to fight back, Alucard chuckles. 

Alucard: Was that really all you had? Such a shame I overestimated you. If the likes of you are the most powerful of Wrath's pawns, then Wrath's delusions go farther than I thought. 

Alucard then promptly incapacitates Kimimaro. As the last of Wrath's Disciples were defeated, the others regrouped with Alucard. 

Alucard: That was interesting. 

Kisame: Heh.....you got that right....

In that moment, the Disciples of Wrath had been defeated. But the siege of UA was far from over as Wrath himself was still a major threat.