Chapter Twenty Eight - Itachi VS Wrath

As the Akatsuki continued their assault against Wrath's forces, Itachi and Obito confronted one another on the rooftop of UA. The world around them seemed to burn as the Day Of The Golden Dawn was taking it's course. 

Obito: Join me, Itachi. Together, we can create a better world. A world without pain and hatred. A world where everyone can live in their ideal dream world free of suffering. You and I can finish this great endeavor. This world is doomed to fail. Society has failed. 

As Obito attempts to get Itachi to join him, Itachi remains silent as he activates his Sharingan. Seeing that the time for talk has passed, Obito sighs as he activates his Sharingan as well as his Shadow Quirk. 

Obito: You will see the truth, one way or another. 

As Obito said this, Itachi made the first move and attacked Obito by throwing several shurikens at Obito. Obito uses Kamui to phase through them. Itachi then activates Amaterasu and engulfs Obito's body in black flames. Knowing Obito would use Kamui, Itachi kept his Sharingan at the ready. Itachi's instinct proved correct as Obito teleported behind him. Reacting quickly, Itachi activates dodges Obito's attacks and counters by landing a kick on Obito, sending him back several feet. As Obito recovers from the attack, Obito was impressed. 

Obito: Most impressive, Itachi. You have truly mastered your Sharingan. 

Itachi: I've learned much from our last encounter. 

Obito: And it clearly shows. Yet you still do not full grasp your powers. You have not yet begun to realize your importance. With the combined powers of our Sharingan, we can reform this world and bring true peace to the world. 

Itachi: The "peace" you would bring would be a lie. There is good in this world. 

Obito: This world is sick. The world stands on the brink of chaos and you would allow it by attempting to stop me from doing what is needed. 

As Obito said this, he unleashed his Susanoo. In response to this, Itachi activated his Susanoo. What followed was an epic clash of the two Susanoos as Itachi and Obito controlled them. The battle seemed to be felt throughout the entire country. But soon enough, Obito gained the upper hand by landing a devastating attack on Itachi's Susanoo, partially cracking it. Obito then uses his Shadow Quirk to send shadow tendrils through the cracks to attack Itachi. This forces Itachi to deactivate his Susanoo and defend himself from the shadow tendrils. Obito deactivates his Susanoo and lunges at Itachi. Itachi was put on the defense as Obito attacks him with a combination of Kamui and his Shadow Quirk. Itachi's Sharingan prevented Obito from completely overwhelmed. However, Itachi was unable to press the attack on Obito. 

Obito: How disappointing, Itachi. Even with all your impressive power, you still cannot summon the strength to defeat me. 

Itachi quickly found himself in a dangerous situation. Despite his best efforts, Obito proved too strong. But Itachi knew that he couldn't afford to give up. Too much was at stake. In that moment, Itachi knew what he had to do. In a last ditch effort to defeat Obito, Itachi used his Tsukuyomi move on Obito. Soon enough, Obito found himself in the Nightmare Realm where Itachi stood before him.

Itachi: You are in my world now, Wrath. Time and reality are mine to control. 

Obito surveyed his surroundings with an impressed look in his eyes. He didn't seem concerned about the situation. 

Obito: So this is the power of Tsukuyomi? Most impressive. 

Itachi: It's over, Wrath. The time has come for you to answer for your crimes. 

Obito: Oh I don't think so. 

As Obito said this, the ground began to shake as the Nightmare Realm began to shift. Before Itachi could react, the Nightmare Realm had broken apart. 

Itachi: What the....

Obito: Did you really think such a thing would work on me? 

In that moment, Itachi's plan had backfired as Obito had broken through the Tsukuyomi. Before Itachi could react, Obito attacked Itachi with a relentless assault in which Itachi was unable to defend himself from. In that moment, Itachi was in danger of falling to Wrath. Meanwhile at the Sports Festival Stadium, Aizawa and Class 1-A along with the rest of the UA students had taken shelter. The sounds of battle could be heard. As all this happened, Yaoyorozu's concern for Itachi grew. 

Yaoyorozu: Itachi....we have to do something!

Aizawa: There's nothing we can do. We have to have faith in Itachi. 

Yaoyorozu: But I can't just sit by while Itachi is risking his life for all of us!

As Yaoyorozu said this, the entire building began to shake. Without hesitation, Yaoyorozu prepares to leave, but Aizawa stops her. 

Aizawa: Do you know what you're about to do? This is a warzone. You could get yourself killed. 

Yaoyorozu: I have to do this!

As Yaoyorozu said this, Aizawa sighs, knowing full well that Yaoyorozu wasn't going to change her mind. Feeling the same concern for his son, Aizawa cuts a deal.

Aizawa: Here's the deal. You can go try to help Itachi, but I'm coming with you to make sure you don't get killed. 

Yaoyorozu: I understand. 

Aizawa: Iida, I'm leaving you in charge until we get back. 

Iida: Understood, Mr. Aizawa! I won't let you down!

With that, Aizawa and Yaoyorozu left the Sports Festival Stadium to try and help Itachi. As the Day Of The Golden Dawn was reaching it's climax, one decisive strike was all that was needed to decide the outcome of this battle.