Chapter Seven - Shisui Uchiha

After passing the Provisional License Exams, Itachi and Kisame along with Deidara and Sasori followed Kakuzu and Hidan to the Akatsuki Hideout. Upon entering the hideout, the group was approached by Nagato and Konan. 

Nagato: Good. You're all here. 

Itachi: What's going on? Did we find a lead on Wrath? 

Konan: While searching Danzo's hideout, Hidan and Kakuzu found damning evidence that connects him and Wrath.

Kisame: Well that sounds promising. 

Nagato nods to Kakuzu. Without saying a word, he walks upstairs and picks up a body bag. He then comes back and places the body bag onto a table. 

Deidara: Who's the stiff?

Kakuzu then opens the body bag, revealing the face of Shisui Uchiha. Itachi immediately recognizes him. 

Itachi: Shisui Uchiha.....

Deidara: Shisui Uchiha? You mean the Pro Hero who disappeared? 

Kakuzu: While we were searching Danzo's hideout, I found a hidden door in Danzo's office. It led to an underground room where I found the coffin containing the body. 

Sasori: The body seems to have been well preserved. Were there any sign of damages on the body. 

Nagato: His eyes were missing from their sockets. 

Upon hearing this, an uneasy silence echoed through the room. Itachi was visibly disturbed by the sight. 

Deidara: Damn. That's fucked up. 

Itachi: Was it Wrath? 

Kakuzu: Unlikely. The coffin that the body was in was covered in dust. It was most likely Danzo would did it. Maybe after he killed him. 

Kisame: So Wrath was after Shisui Uchiha's eyes? 

Sasori: If one of Danzo's eyes was plucked out, then we can safely assume Danzo transplanted one of Shisui's eyes onto himself. 

Nagato began to put the pieces together. He was slowly able to connect the dots between Wrath, Danzo and Shisui Uchiha. As he did, Itachi noticed something. 

Itachi: Something's not right. Only one of Danzo's eyes were stolen. That would indicate that Danzo transplanted only one of Shisui's eyes. That leaves only the other eye.

Kakuzu: Hidan and I searched the place. The place had been picked clean. 

Konan: The police reports didn't mention anything about an eye of any sort. We could safely assume that Wrath must've located the other eye. 

Soon enough, the gravity of the situation became ever more grave. Shisui's Sharingan Quirk was considered one of the most powerful Quirks of it's time. The power Shisui had rivaled even All Might in his prime. The fact that Wrath now had the eyes of Shisui Uchiha made the situation even worse. 

Kisame: Well that's certainly bad news.

Itachi: We need to find Wrath now! If he's able to transplant Shisui's eyes onto himself, there's no telling what kind of damage he'll do! 

Nagato: Kakuzu. Were there any leads that could lead to Wrath's location? 

Kakuzu: The only thing we were able to find was the coffin. Besides that, there was no other lead that could point us where we need to go. 

Nagato: This is troubling news. Itachi's right. We need to find Wrath. 

Deidara: Well it looks like we're right back where we started. 

Hidan: Well isn't this just fucking wonderful! All this hunting and investigating and all we got to show for it is a fucking corpse and a dead lead! 

Kakuzu: Hidan and I will keep an eye on for anything that could point us where we need to go. 

Nagato: That's not ideal, but it's the best we can do. 

Kakuzu and Hidan then left the hideout to continue to searching for any clues about the whereabouts of Wrath. Itachi and Kisame along with Deidara and Sasori. The feeling of getting their Hero Licenses were replaced by the fear and uncertainty. But for now, all they could do was wait. Meanwhile, Wrath was entering the secret lab deep within his compound. He was then approached by Kimimaro. 

Kimimaro: My lord? 

Wrath: What do you know about Shisui Uchiha? 

Kimimaro: Nothing much, my lord. 

Wrath: Shisui Uchiha was a powerful Pro Hero. His Sharingan Quirk was among the most powerful Quirks of his time. He rivaled All Might himself in terms of power. His visual prowess was unmatched. His strength and skill were without equal. His Sharingan was so powerful that it could go into the mind of anyone and alter their very being. He was so powerful with his Quirk that he rehabilitated even the most evil of hearts. 

Kimimaro was taken aback by this. He didn't think such a power existed, let alone dwarf the power of his master. He was silent as Wrath kept his eyes on a storage tank. Inside was a body completely submerged in some kind of chemical compound. Wrath placed his hand on the tank as he continued his story. 

Wrath: Shisui's only weakness was his heart. Despite all the power he had in his eyes, Shisui was too kind for this world. He was kind and gentle to a fault. Such weakness was what led him to his downfall. If it weren't for Danzo's arrogance, Shisui's eyes might've been forever lost. 

Kimimaro: What is our next move, my lord?

Wrath was silent as he kept his hand on the storage tank. He looked upon the body with interest in his eyes. 

Wrath: For now, we wait. The Day of the Golden Dawn will soon be upon us. With the eyes of Shisui Uchiha, we will move ahead of schedule. The noose is tightening on all of Hero Society.....

With that, Wrath would patiently waited until all the pieces moved to where they needed to be. It was only a matter of time until Wrath unleashed his endgame.