Separation Before Reunion

I'm sandwiched between the twins and I'm not complaining.  Even if they are both filling the front of the truck and touching me with their arms and thighs.

"When did you move to out here?" Dominic asks not taking his eyes off the road.

"It was just before high school started so nearly 5 years ago" I answer.

I glance at him and then Alaric "you two really did grow! I thought I was doing well hitting 6'." I say not being able to stop my hand from wrapping around Dom's bicep and giving it a little squeeze.

They both laugh a little "things change" Alaric says bring my attention to him.

"They sure do.  As I didn't have an address or anything for you two.  I wrote a letter and gave it to the lady who bought the house.  I thought if you ever went looking for me there? Well you know" I say shrugging.

"We know, after searching for you.  We decided to just knock on her door and ask her if she had a forwarding address.  She gave us your address and your letter" Alaric says

I smile and then remember what I wrote in the letter and feel my cheeks heating.

"Turn next right" I instruct Dominic and he nods indicating the turn.  

We reach the carpark and jump out of the truck once we parked.  I lead the way towards the lake.  "So have you moved back?" I ask them

"Well we thought we'd come and see you graduate" Alaric says a little cryptically.

I smile as we reach the lake "I ate my lunch here" I say

"Did you leave your car at school?" Dom asks 

I smile and shake my head "no, I ran here through the woods, its not that far from school" I answer.

"Still its impressive you could get here eat and then get back in time for afternoon class" Alaric says smiling.

I smile back "I can run quite fast" I assure him.

Dominic sits down on a rock and throws a small stone into the lake "do you like coming out here?" he asks

"Yeah, music class gave me a headache so I decided to clear my head.  I love it out here, well anywhere away from the noise and horrible town smell" I explain.

"So you haven't noticed anything different with you?" Dominic asks

I laugh and throw my head back "hey that is a loaded question.  First I've always felt different.  I was kind of happy when I realised I liked men, but turned out that wasn't it.  I know I'm slightly more intelligent than most of the kids here, but that doesn't really account for why I would feel as though I didn't fit in" I say shrugging 

"What else is there?" Alaric asks

At my raised eyebrow he adds "you said first." 

"Secondly there seems to be someone or something that warns me when I'm in danger" I say not wanting to elaborate any further.

"Something? Someone? Do they text you or something?" Dom asks

I laugh again a little embarrassed "ur, this is going to sound a little weird.  But I hear a voice in my head" I mumble looking down at my feet.

The twins don't say anything so, I look up to see them starring at one another.  They really do seem to be having a conversation between themselves saying nothing.  Alaric fists his hands and I look up at his eyes.

"Holly shit, what just reflected in your eyes" I say looking around for a shiny object "it looked like your eyes went from grey to gold" I mumble as I search for what it could have been.